In a public statement, composer Palash Muchhal and cricketer Smriti Mandhana clarify that their planned wedding has been called off amid growing speculation and online rumours.
Composer Palash Muchhal has formally confirmed that his wedding with Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana, previously scheduled for November 24, has been called off. The announcement came through a detailed statement on his social media account, coinciding with a similar clarification issued by Mandhana. Both emphasised the need for privacy during what they described as an emotionally challenging phase, while urging the public to refrain from spreading unverified claims.
Palash Muchhal Says It Is Time To Move On
In his statement, Muchhal said he had made the decision to step back from his personal relationship and focus on moving forward with dignity. Acknowledging the emotional toll of recent events, he spoke about the difficulty of witnessing widespread speculation about his private life.
He specifically addressed rumours circulating online that linked the postponement of the wedding to alleged misconduct during pre-wedding celebrations. Muchhal described these claims as false and deeply hurtful, stressing that such unverified gossip can cause lasting damage to individuals and families.
He urged people to be more cautious and compassionate before reacting to or sharing unverified information, highlighting that casual remarks on social media often fail to consider the impact they may have on those involved. He added that the situation has been profoundly challenging for him and that he intends to handle it with grace and respect.
Plans For Legal Action Against Misinformation*=
Muchhal stated that his team will pursue strict legal steps against those spreading defamatory or fabricated content related to the cancelled wedding. He noted that misinformation had escalated in the days following the postponement announcement, prompting the need for firm intervention.
He expressed gratitude to those who had supported him through this period, acknowledging the kindness and understanding he received from friends and well-wishers. His message underscored the broader issue of how quickly personal narratives can be shaped by rumours in the digital age, often without accountability or factual basis.
Mandhana, in her own statement, had similarly clarified that the wedding was cancelled and urged the media and public not to speculate about the reasons. She highlighted that the matter was personal and should not be sensationalised.
According to earlier reports, pre-wedding festivities had already begun and were attended by several members of the Indian women’s cricket team. The wedding was postponed on the morning of November 24 after Mandhana’s manager informed attendees that her father had been hospitalised. Later that day, Muchhal and his family returned to Mumbai, where he, too, was reportedly hospitalised due to stress.
Both parties have appealed for privacy as they navigate the aftermath of the cancelled ceremony, emphasising that the situation is sensitive and that unnecessary speculation only deepens the difficulty for those involved.
