• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > Middle East > Death toll rises to 53 in US airstrikes on Yemen, escalating tensions with Houthi rebels | CliqExplainer
Middle East

Death toll rises to 53 in US airstrikes on Yemen, escalating tensions with Houthi rebels | CliqExplainer

The death toll from recent US airstrikes in Yemen has risen to 53, including five children, according to the Houthi rebels' health ministry.

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE
Highlights
  • 1️⃣ US airstrikes kill 53 in Yemen, including five children.
  • 2️⃣ Houthis vow more attacks on ships despite rising casualties.

The death toll from recent US airstrikes in Yemen has risen to 53, including five children, according to the Houthi rebels’ health ministry. The strikes, which took place on Saturday, were described by the US as a “decisive and powerful” response to Houthi attacks on shipping vessels in the Red Sea.

The US government, led by President Donald Trump, justified the operation by citing the Houthis’ continued targeting of international maritime routes. While Washington has claimed that key Houthi figures were among those killed, the rebel group has yet to confirm any high-profile casualties.

Houthi leader Abdul Malik al-Houthi warned that his forces would continue targeting US ships in the Red Sea as long as American military operations in Yemen persisted. Updating the casualty count, Houthi health ministry spokesperson Anis al-Asbahi stated that, along with the 53 fatalities, 98 others had been wounded. Among the deceased were two women and five children.

The situation in Yemen remains dire, with residents expressing their distress over the intensifying conflict. A man identified as Ahmed, speaking to AFP, said, “I’ve been living in Sanaa for 10 years, hearing shelling throughout the war. By God, I’ve never experienced anything like this before.”

Fresh US strikes were reported in Al Jaouf and Hudaydah early Monday, though the Pentagon has yet to comment on these latest developments. National Security Advisor Michael Waltz emphasized the strategic nature of Saturday’s strikes, stating, “We just hit them with overwhelming force and put Iran on notice that enough is enough.”

US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth reiterated that Washington’s objective was to restore deterrence and ensure freedom of navigation in the Red Sea. “This campaign will be unrelenting until the Houthi attacks stop,” he said in a televised interview.

The Houthis have vowed to continue their attacks on Red Sea shipping routes until Israel lifts its blockade of Gaza. The Iranian-backed group, which controls large parts of Yemen, claims its operations are in solidarity with the Palestinians in the ongoing Israel-Gaza conflict.

Since November 2023, the Houthis have carried out numerous missile, drone, and small boat attacks on commercial vessels in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden. They have sunk two ships, seized another, and caused four fatalities among crew members.

President Donald Trump warned of further action if Houthi aggression persisted. “Funded by Iran, the Houthi thugs have fired missiles at US aircraft and targeted our troops and allies,” he posted on social media. “If they do not stop, hell will rain down upon them like nothing they have ever seen before.”

Despite the escalation, the Houthis remain defiant, asserting that their support for Palestinians will not waver. Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi condemned the US attacks, stating that Washington has “no authority to dictate Iranian foreign policy.”

Meanwhile, the United Nations has called for restraint, with Secretary-General Antonio Guterres urging an end to military hostilities in Yemen. The international community continues to watch the conflict closely, fearing broader regional repercussions as tensions between the US, Iran, and their respective allies persist.

You Might Also Like

Oman and Slovenia Hold Diplomatic Talks on Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
India prepares for world’s largest democratic election as voters decide fate of Modi government
82-year-old billionaire Jack Cowin shares timeless advice for success: ‘Have a go, don’t stand around thinking about it’ | CliqExplainer
ASI’s Delisting Decision: Reevaluating Monumental Significance
Navigating the Complex Terrain of Electoral Politics in India
TAGGED:cliQ ExplainerRedSeaTensionsUSYemenConflict

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Sensex and Nifty open strong after long weekend amid positive global cues | CliqExplainer
Next Article PM Narendra Modi to visit Nagpur on Gudi Padwa, to share stage with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat | CliqExplainer

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?