• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Will redouble effort to end Israel-Hamas war as 'chief obstacle' Yahya Sinwar 'removed': US
International

Will redouble effort to end Israel-Hamas war as 'chief obstacle' Yahya Sinwar 'removed': US

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Washington DC [US] October 18 (ANI): Following the elimination of Hamas chief Yahya Sinwar by Israeli defence forces, the United States on Friday said that it will “redouble its effort” to bring an end to the Gaza conflict as the “chief obstacle to cease-fire” has been removed.

US State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said that the Sinwar has not only refused to “return the hostages” but also refused to endorse the “seize fire proposal” by the United Nations Security Council.

“Over the days ahead US will redouble its effort to return the hostages home, bring an end to this war, to alleviate the suffering of Palestinian people, and to allow the people of Gaza to begin to relive their lives,” Miller said.

“The chief obstacle to reaching a cease-fire was Sinwar, who said no time and time again. That obstacle has been removed. Can’t predict that whoever replaces him will agree to cease-fire but it does remove the chief obstacle to achieving one. We will continue to work with our partners,” he added.

US State Department described Yahya Sinwar as a “brutal, vicious terrorist” responsible for October 7 attack on Israel last year.

“Yahya Sinwar was a brutal, vicious terrorist responsible for the deaths of US citizens, Israeli citizens and civilians from more than 30 countries. His decision, it was very much his decision to launch the terrorist attack of October 7 and unleashed a year of tragedy in the Middle East, 1200 people murdered, 254 hostages kidnapped and hauled in Gaza, infants, elderly and men and women of all ages. More than 40000 people died in Gaza, most of the civilians. That is blood-soaked legacy that Yahya Sinwar leaves behind,” Miller said.

Miller asserted that Sinwar has also refused to endorse the “seize fire proposal” by the United Nations Security Council.

“He didn’t just launch the conflict but over the past years refused to the efforts of the US and our partners to end it. Refused to return the hostages, refused to agree on the seize fire proposal endorsed by the United Nations Security Council. Who, in recent weeks, refused to even negotiate at all on a cease fire,” Miller said.

Earlir, US President Joe Biden also hailed the elimination of Hamas chief, saying it is a “good day” for Israel and for the world.

The US President said the killing of the mastermind of the Hamas attack on Israel “proves once again that no terrorists anywhere in the world can escape justice, no matter how long it takes”.

“To my Israeli friends, this is no doubt a day of relief and reminiscence, similar to the scenes witnessed throughout the United States after President Obama ordered the raid to kill Osama Bin Laden in 2011,” Biden said.

Israel has confirmed the elimination of Yahya Sinwar, the mastermind behind the October 7 attacks last year

The conflict in Gaza reignited after Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023. About 2,500 terrorists breached the border into Israel from the Gaza Strip, killing more than 1200 people, including citizens of more than 30 countries, and also taken over 250 people as hostages.

Following the October 7 attack, Israel launched a counter-offensive against Hamas, vowing to eliminate the entire terror group while making efforts to minimize civilian casualties. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Methamphetamine addiction growing among youth in Pakistan: Report
Bangladesh to establish interim government led by Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus | CliqExplainer
Indian air defence system shuts down Pakistani Mirage jet in cross-border strikes | cliQ Latest
Former Cambodian opposition MP Lim Kimya shot dead in Bangkok: Political assassination | CliqExplainer
Accountability court summons Pakistan Peoples Party leader Asif Ali Zardari

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Josh Brolin to play villain in Edgar Wright's 'The Running Man'
Next Article Women's T20 World Cup: South Africa stun defending champions Australia to reach final

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?