• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > Uttarakhand: Five people killed in raging forest fire, 1300 hectares of land affected
National

Uttarakhand: Five people killed in raging forest fire, 1300 hectares of land affected

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Dehradun (Uttarakhand) [India], May 9 (ANI): Uttarakhand’s Chief Conservator of Forest with an additional charge of Head of Forest Force (HoFF) Dhananjay Mohan said that the situation of Uttarakhand forest fires was under control. He confirmed that five people have lost their lives in the raging forest fires and 1300 hectares of forest area were affected.

While talking to ANI Dhananjay Mohan said, “The situation of forest fire is currently under control. Forest department personnel are reaching on time at the accident spot. So far 388 cases have been registered in forest fires and 60 cases have been named. 5 people have lost their lives out of them 4 were from Nepal and working in Almora. The other deceased is an aged woman who lost her life in Pauri.”

He said that in the Garhwal division, forest fires are still taking place and in Almora also some parts are affected.

He further said, “Any kind of negligence regarding forest fire will not be tolerated, in view of this, major action has been taken against 17 personnel, and 10 people have been suspended. So far 1300 hectares of forest area has been affected by forest fire.”

Earlier, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Wednesday reviewed the measures being taken to prevent forest fires and preparations regarding the upcoming monsoon season.

The Chief Minister directed that all the secretaries should be given the responsibility of different districts to completely stop the forest fire. All the secretaries should go to the respective districts and do a field inspection of the areas affected by forest fire and take effective steps to stop the forest fire.

On the instructions of the Chief Minister, 10 personnel of the Forest Department who were negligent in preventing forest fire have been suspended. Instructions have been given to take disciplinary action against some other personnel as well.

He directed all the District Magistrates to take public cooperation for effective prevention of forest fire. Strict action should be taken as per rules against those who are found involved in incidents of setting fire in the forests. Response time should be minimised to stop forest fires.

Four people were arrested for allegedly setting fire to the Gangolihat range forest in the Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand. The accused were identified as Piyush Singh, Ayush Singh, Rahul Singh and Ankit.

According to the Sarpanch of Jakhani Upreti and Bhandari villages informed that the four accused had set fire in the Gangolihat range forest on May 3.

The Supreme Court (SC) expressed concern on Wednesday about the fire in the forest of Uttarakhand and said that cloud seeding, depending on rain, was not the answer to stop the fire.

A bench of Justices BR Gavai and Sandeep Mehta said cloud seeding, depending on rain not the answer and the government has to take preventive measures. The bench while expressing concern about the fire in the forest said that photographs and videos of the fire are going viral.

Uttarakhand government told the bench that there were 398 forest fires from November 2023 till today and all of them are man-made. It was further told that a total of 388 criminal cases have been lodged in connection with forest fires and 60 people have been named in these cases. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/uttarakhand-five-people-killed-in-raging-forest-fire-1300-hectares-of-land-affected20240509083930

You Might Also Like

Supreme Court Notes Procedural Lapses in Justice Varma Inquiry, Says Seriousness Will Be Tested Before Scrapping Proceedings | cliQ Latest
Iran Oil Exports Surge Amid War, Gulf Output Drops 70% | Cliq Latest
Wazahat Khan, complainant against Sharmistha Panoli, sent to police custody till June 16
Congress and allies to oppose Waqf Board Act amendment bill, want it sent to standing committee
Assam: CM launches Orunodoi 3.0 in BTR to provide monthly assistance of Rs 1,250 to 4.12 lakh families

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Air India Express fires 30 crew members following mass sick leave, thousands of passengers affected
Next Article Salman Khan residence firing case: Arrested accused Rafiq Choudhary did recce of two more actors' homes

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?