• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > US: Seattle to pay nearly 2 million USD in man's death over negligence by medics
International

US: Seattle to pay nearly 2 million USD in man's death over negligence by medics

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Seattle [US], October 6 (ANI): The Seattle city in US has agreed to pay nearly 2 million US dollars to the family of a dead man who lost his life after medics waited to enter his home because his apartment was marked with an outdated “caution note,” according to the family’s attorney, CNN reported.

46-year-old William Yurek died in Novermber 2021 after his then 13-year-old son called 911 twice in 13 minutes, according to a lawsuit filed by Yurek’s family in December accusing the city of negligence.

According to the CNN, the lawsuit filed by the family said that the Seattle Fire Department medics reached the residence within six minutes after the first call but they waited to enter because Yurek was wrongly included on a “so-called blacklist” of people who had a history of hostility toward first responders.

Yurek’s residence was marked with a “caution note” because a previous tenant had been put on the list, the lawsuit added.

The lawsuit was settled Monday for $1.86 million, according to the family’s attorney, Mark Lindquist.

Medics initially waited outside for Seattle police to arrive, but decided to enter the home without a police escort about six minutes after the son’s second call that his father’s condition was worsening, according to the lawsuit.

During that second 911 call, the operator told the teenager that help was on the way when, in reality, medics already were at the residence waiting to go inside, according to the lawsuit. The operator did not advise Yurek’s son to administer CPR, the lawsuit alleged.

When medics eventually chose to enter the apartment without a police escort, about 20 minutes had passed since the initial 911 call. Yurek died of cardiac arrest in front of his son despite the medics’ treatment, according to the lawsuit.

“Once inside, medics did everything they could to save Will’s life,” Lindquist said in a news release shared with CNN. “The family has always been grateful to the medics who broke protocol to go in and do their best.”

The Seattle city attorney’s office made major changes to its caution note system, the office told CNN affiliate KING.

“The operating guidelines on caution notes, which were modified prior to the settlement, were changed to provide that caution notes about people, activities and materials expire after 365 days in the system or get reviewed and renewed,” a statement from the office to KING reads.

“Additionally, caution notes about the need for (Seattle police) assistance due to violent or threatening behavior are to be verified after every alarm dispatched to the address. Lastly, a caution note is to be removed if the occupant no longer lives at the address,” the statement reads.

Lindquist told CNN it wasn’t until he began looking into what caused the medics’ delay in entering Yurek’s home that he learned of the city’s police escort requirements for residents with caution notes. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Sweet Celebrations on National M&M Day
Pakistan government borrows record PKR 5.5 trillion from banks, PKR 650 bn in one week amid crisis
Israel has managed to get a victory over Hezbollah: Israel's Ambassador to India remarks on ceasefire agreement
Donald Trump halts military aid to Ukraine amid rising tensions with Volodymyr Zelensky | CliqExplainer
"Our difficult times have not ended": Sri Lankan President in budget speech

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Watch: Shahid Kapoor, Kiara Advani groove to Amitabh Bachchan's 'Jumma Chumma'
Next Article Asian Games: Aditi Gopichand Swami bags bronze in compound archery women's individual event
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?