• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > Nithari killings' accused acquittal: UP Dy CM says govt will move top court against Allahabad HC's order "if necessary"
National

Nithari killings' accused acquittal: UP Dy CM says govt will move top court against Allahabad HC's order "if necessary"

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh) [India], October 19 (ANI): Days after the two persons accused in Nithari serial killings case were acquitted, Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya on Thursday said that ‘if necessary’ the state government will approach the Supreme Court challenging the Allahabad High Court’s order.

The Deputy Chief Minister of the state also said that the verdict in the matter will be reviewed at government level.

“We have no comment on the decision of the Hon’ble court. Certainly it will be reviewed at the government level and if necessary, the government will also approach the Supreme Court,” the Deputy Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh said while speaking to reporters here.

The Nithari killing case came to light in December 2006 when skeletons were found in a drain near a house in Nithari village, Noida, Uttar Pradesh.

Earlier on Monday, the Allahabad High Court acquitted the prime accused Surender Koli in 12 cases related to the 2005-2006 Nithari serial killing cases in Noida. The court also acquitted Moninder Singh Pandher, his employer, in two cases.

The trial court had awarded the death sentence to the accused in these cases. The CBI had registered 16 cases against Koli and Pandher over “the rape and killing” of girls that had shocked the nation.

The lawyer of Pandher, Manisha Bhandari, said that there were six cases against him in which Allahabad HC acquitted him in the two appeals.

“Allahabad High Court has acquitted Moninder Singh Pandher in the two appeals against him. There were six cases against him. Koli has been acquitted in all appeals against him here,” she said.

Pandher was the co-accused in the cases.

The Supreme Court had in February 2011 upheld Surender Koli’s death sentence for murdering 14-year-old Rimpa Haldar. She was one of his first victims in the serial rape-cum-killing episode.

Subsequently, in July 2014, the apex court refused to stay the execution of the death sentence awarded to Koli and dismissed his plea seeking review of the verdict that upheld his sentence.

The CBI, in its chargesheet, had said that Koli raped and murdered the woman when she went to Pandher’s house on November 12, 2006, for household work.

After the investigations, the CBI filed a chargesheet on June 22, 2007. Charges were framed on August 16, 2007.

The family members of the victims said that the accused should be given the death penalty.

“The accused must get the death penalty. I urge the central and state governments… If they are set free, it means that there’s no law and order,” a member of the victim’s family told ANI.

The two-judge bench of the Allahabad High Court, comprising Justice Ashwani Kumar Mishra and Justice SHA Rizvi, allowed the appeals filed by Koli and Pandher challenging the death sentence given by the CBI court in Ghaziabad.

The High Court said the prosecution failed to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt in these specific cases.

It was alleged that Koli would lure the children to the house and murder them. He was also accused of cannibalism. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/nithari-killings-accused-acquittal-up-dy-cm-says-govt-will-move-top-court-against-allahabad-hcs-order-if-necessary20231019225326

You Might Also Like

IIT Guwahati achieves breakthrough in ultra-wide bandgap semiconductors
NPP names two women candidates for upcoming Lok Sabha polls
Google’s Undersea Cable to India Signals AI Power Shift as Sundar Pichai Backs India’s Global Digital Leadership
Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah holds emergency meeting with top officials after Bengaluru stampede | cliQ Latest
Uttar Pradesh: Ground Breaking Ceremony@IV to be organized in all 75 districts along with Lucknow

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Experience the cinematic crescendo of a psychological thriller that explores the enigmatic connection between love, romance, and a twisted soul
Next Article Adah Sharma reunites with 'The Kerala Story' makers for 'Bastar: The Naxal Story'; shoot begins with Mahurat puja

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?