• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > Maratha quota row: Eknath Shinde gives assurance of reservation, activist Patil questions govt's intent
National

Maratha quota row: Eknath Shinde gives assurance of reservation, activist Patil questions govt's intent

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
6 Min Read
SHARE

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], November 1 (ANI): As the Maratha quota agitation gains momentum, Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde on Wednesday said that everyone agreed on providing reservation to Marathas in the all-party meeting held in Mumbai and urged activist Manoj Jarange Patil to maintain peace and cooperate with the government in its efforts.

CM Shinde said, “At the all-party meeting, everyone agreed that the Maratha community should get reservation. It was decided the reservation should be within the framework of the law and without doing injustice to other communities.”

“I request Manoj Jarange Patil to have faith in the efforts of the government. This protest has started taking a new direction. The incidents of violence that have taken place and are taking place in the state are unjustified and are bringing disrepute to the movement. We strongly reject these incidents. Common people should not feel insecure. I request all to not take law into their own hands and maintain peace and cooperate with the state government,” he added.

State Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) supremo, Sharad Pawar, former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, Ministers Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil, Chandrakantdada Patil, Chhagan Bhujbal, Dilip Valse Patil, Girish Mahajan, Dadaji Bhuse are among those who attended the meeting at Sahyadri Guest House.

However, Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange Patil on Wednesday questioned the delay in the implementation of reservation by the Eknath Shinde-led government saying the political parties are no different as they have a similar bent of mind in this matter.

Addressing a press conference in Jalna, Maharashtra, Patil said, “Why do they (Maharashtra government) need time? We have been holding our patience but they need to come clean on why they need more time. What will you do with more time? Answer that and we will decide on whether to give more time to you or not.”

He asserted that his ongoing protest for the provision of quota for the Maratha community would continue till the demand is met.

“We won’t step back from our protest unless we get reservation. I will even go without water. I will not drink a single drop of water (till the demand is met). All parties are the same (on the quota issue). They are no different,” he said.

Earlier on Tuesday, Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut alleged that his party MPs and MLAs were not sent an invitation to the all-party meeting.

Meanwhile, earlier on Wednesday, opposition MLAs in the state called on Assembly Speaker Rahul Narvekar and demanded that he convene a special session of the Assembly as soon as possible amid the ongoing Maratha quota protest.

The opposition MLAs tendered a memorandum to the Speaker seeking a special session of the Assembly for discussions on the quota protest. The ongoing protest took a violent turn on Monday after the protestors vandalised the residences and offices of many politicians. The Maratha community has been up in arms over the last couple of months, demanding their inclusion in the state’s OBC list.

Maharashtra Leader of the Opposition and Congress MLA Vijay Wadettiwar on Wednesday attacked Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde over the Maratha reservation agitation, saying ‘the law and order in the state is unstable and the government should bring it under control at the earliest.

‘The protest for quota for the Maratha community turned violent on Monday after Maratha quota supporters vandalised the homes and offices of several politicians.

The Congress leader further urged the Maharashtra government to take the initiative to end the agitation over the Maratha reservation as soon as possible.

“The government did not comment on it (the demand for a special session of the Assembly). It neither discussed nor proposed that. The government should take the initiative towards getting this agitation (on the Maratha reservation) called off as soon as possible. We told the government to take the initiative,” Wadettiwar said.”

“The law and order in the state is unstable and the government should bring this under control at the earliest and we stand with the government over this,” Wadettiwar added.

Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police Shailesh Balkawade on Maratha reservation row said, “As you know since October 25, Manoj Jarange Patil has been on hunger strike. Police administration is in coordination with him continuously. The coordination is being maintained. Currently, many Rasta Roko protests are going on in Jalna. We are trying to maintain that protests should be within legal and constitutional limits.”

The Maratha community has been protesting for their inclusion on the state’s OBC list for more than two months. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/politics/maratha-quota-row-eknath-shinde-gives-assurance-of-reservation-activist-patil-questions-govts-intent20231101234949

You Might Also Like

West Bengal Voter List Deletion Controversy Raises Serious Questions On Electoral Integrity And Democratic Representation Ahead Of 2026 Polls | Cliq Latest
"After a wait of 500 years, Ram Mandir has been built," says Tripura CM
"Paddy not being procured at MSP in Punjab": SAD leader Bikram S Majithia slams AAP govt
BJP targets state government on the condition of farmers in Karnataka
HC issues notice to CBI on bail plea moved by Delhi CM Kejriwal; lists next hearing for July 17

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article FieldAssist Cements its Position as the Best Twin Provider of Distributor Management and Sales Force Automation Solutions
Next Article "Pant aur blouse laundry ke paas gaye…" Shraddha leaves fans in splits with her caption on fusion saree look

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?