• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > Main accused in Worli hit-and-run case sent to police custody till July 16
National

Main accused in Worli hit-and-run case sent to police custody till July 16

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], July 10 (ANI): A Mumbai court has sent Mihir Shah, the main accused in the Worli hit-and-run case, to police custody till July 16.

Mihir Shah was arrested from Virar on Tuesday. He was brought to Sewri court in Mumbai on Wednesday. Shah had been absconding after the car he was allegedly driving hit a scooter on Dr Annie Besant Road in Worli on Sunday, July 7.

Fourteen teams were formed by Mumbai police to nab him. Police arrested Rajrishi Singh Bidawat and Mihir’s father, Rajesh Shah, for their alleged involvement in the case.

Following the tragic incident, the deceased woman’s husband, Pradeep Nakhwa, questioned the delay in the arrest of the accused and alleged that he dragged his wife from Ceejay House to Sea Link Road.

“It was due to ‘politics’ and the accused would not be arrested until the Vidhan Sabha session ends,” Nakhwa had claimed. He also alleged that the delay in the arrest was because the accused was the son of a political leader.

In an exclusive interview with ANI, Nakhwa said, “We were on our daily routine, as we are fishermen, and as part of our daily routine, on Sunday at 4 am, we were returning through the Peddar Road from the fish hatchery after buying fish. We were riding slowly at a speed of 35-40 km/hr on the side of the road. Suddenly, a car at high speed came and hit us; we didn’t even realize how fast it was. We flew into the air and dropped on his car’s bonnet.”

“When he applied the brake, I fell on the left side of the road while my wife came under the wheels of his car. He didn’t stop after that; I tried to stop him, but he didn’t and dragged her from Ceejay House to Sea Link Road. There was smoke from the wheels when he was dragging my wife. After the incident, he fled from the spot,” said Nakhwa.

According to Mumbai police, the 45-year-old victim was a resident of Worli Koliwada. Her husband was riding the scooter while she was riding the pillion. The husband also sustained injuries in the incident.

“The couple was returning home after buying fish when the scooter they were riding on was hit by the luxury car. Both of them sustained injuries, and the woman died during treatment,” police added.

Police also said that the luxury car belonged to a leader of a political party based in Maharashtra’s Palghar.

The incident in Worli follows less than two months after the Pune case in which a luxury car allegedly driven by a 17-year-old youth, who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol, rammed into a motorcycle, resulting in the deaths of two software engineers in Pune’s Kalyani Nagar area in the early hours of May 19.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde expressed his “alarm” at the “rise in hit-and-run incidents” in the state on Monday and said that he has directed the police to take strict action against such cases, adding that the “guilty will not be spared.” The Shiv Sena also removed Rajesh Shah the father of the accused from the party following his arrest. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/main-accused-in-worli-hit-and-run-case-sent-to-police-custody-till-july-1620240710163233

You Might Also Like

J-K Students Association condemns rape-murder of trainee doctor in West Bengal
S Jaishankar tells Wang Yi: No space for third parties as India, China seek stable ties | cliQ Latest
Manika Vishwakarma wins Miss Universe India 2025 with powerful advocacy for women’s education over economic aid | cliQ Latest
Amit Shah to Launch BJP Campaign for Punjab 2027 Elections | Cliq Latest
Indian travel blogger alleges prolonged detention at guangzhou airport over arunachal reference, raising diplomatic and free speech concerns | cliQ Latest

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article FAZONICS® Becomes First Indian Brand to Launch True Wireless Earbuds with SmartDisplay Touchscreen
Next Article Ellen Pompeo set to reprise Meredith Grey role in extended 'Grey's Anatomy' season 21 stint

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?