Mumbai, 12 September : One person was killed and 10 were injured in a clash between two groups over objectionable posts on social media in Pusewadi of Khatav tehsil in Satara district. So far, 23 people involved in this incident have been detained. Kolhapur Department’s Special Inspector General of Police, Sunil Phulari, gave this information to the media.
Sunil Phulari took stock of the spot late on Monday night. He said, Some objectionable comments were posted on the social media account of a suspect. He was being interrogated in connection with this post when a mob of some youth arrived. The mob tried to damage public property. Some vehicles were set on fire.
He said that about ten people were injured in this incident. One died. So far, a total of 23 suspected accused have been detained. A case has been registered in connection with the objectionable social media post. Generally, the situation is under control. Armed guards and mobile patrols have been deployed in Satara district. Meanwhile, Guardian Minister Shambhuraj Desai has appealed to the people to maintain peace.
