• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > "Why is Saurabh Bharadwaj afraid of investigation?" asks BJP's Manoj Tiwari
National

"Why is Saurabh Bharadwaj afraid of investigation?" asks BJP's Manoj Tiwari

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

New Delhi [India], July 7 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party leader Manoj Tiwari on Sunday hit out at AAP leader Saurabh Bhardwaj for his remark that the Delhi Lieutenant Governor is giving orders against former minister Satyendar Jain and said that Bhardwaj is afraid of investigation.

Speaking with ANI, Manoj Tiwari said, “The Lieutenant Governor is not giving orders, he is just accepting requests of some people. People are constantly requesting LG that there should be an inquiry in the loot case that occurred in Delhi.”

Hitting out at the AAP, Tiwari asserted, “Why is Saurabh Bharadwaj afraid of investigation? Why he wants to stop this investigation? Whenever there is talk of investigation, the Aam Aadmi Party opposes it. Why should the truth be affected? Whenever there is situation of investigation, the top leadership of Aam Aadmi Party starts getting nervous. They (AAP) know that they will be found guilty in the investigation.”

Earlier on Tuesday, the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi VK Saxena has alleged that a tender worth Rs 465 crore for construction of an additional block in Delhi Govt’s Lok Nayak Hospital has increased surreptitiously to Rs 1135 crore, creating a liability of approximately Rs 670 Crores on Delhi Government.

In a letter, VK Saxena said, “I have perused the matter, which relates to blatant violation of procedures and creating an unauthorized liability of approximately Rs 670 Crores for the GNCTD while constructing a new building block for Lok Nayak Hospital. A hospital originally tendered out on contract for Rs. 465 Crores (approx.), ran into re-estimates and expansion of the scope of work amounting to a whopping Rs. 1135 Crores (approx.).”

He alleged that this huge cost escalation has happened with a clear collusion of the Delhi Government’s Health Department under Saurabh Bhardwaj and the Public Works Department headed by Atishi Marlena.

LG VK Saxena has asked the Vigilance Department to request the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) to constitute a special team of Chief Technical Examiners to conduct a detailed technical examination in this matter.

LG has also constituted a committee to examine the procedural violations that led to cost escalation to the tune of Rs 670 crore. The committee will also examine all such ongoing projects in different Delhi Government hospitals.

The case pertains to the construction of a new building block in LNH Hospital. The scheduled start date was November 4, 2020, with a completion period of 30 months. However, even after three and a half years, the current progress of work is only 64 per cent, even as costs have risen by 243 per cent.

The Health & Family Welfare Department of GNCTD had assigned the project to the Public Works Department (PWD).

However, the work originally tendered out for Rs 465 Crores, ran into re-estimates and expansion of scope of work amounting to a whopping Rs 1135 Crores.

The PWD attributed the cost overruns to an increase in the scope of work. But while the scope of work increased by 8.61 per cent only, the cost increased by a whopping 143 per cent.

Interestingly, such huge cost overruns were done at the level of the Engineers of the Department itself, even though it should have gone to the Finance Department and the Cabinet, the press note stated.

However, after LG flagged the matter to CM Arvind Kejriwal on June 22, 2023, the AAP Government brought a Cabinet Note in March 2024, for approval of the cost overruns, which is yet pending. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/politics/why-is-saurabh-bharadwaj-afraid-of-investigation-asks-bjps-manoj-tiwari20240707225023

You Might Also Like

Amrit Mahotsav created gateway for India to enter into Amrit Kaal: PM Modi
Chhattisgarh CM launches three portals to enhance transparency, curb corruption
Sixth Assembly of International Solar Alliance to begin on October 30 in New Delhi
Uttarakhand CM meets PM Modi, invites him to visit the state
After Shankar Dayal Sharma, Maharashtra Governor CP Radhakrishnan set to become Vice President as BJP bets on stability, South India representation | cliQ Latest

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article 2nd T20I, Harare: Abhishek Sharma, bowlers guide India to 100-run win over Zimbabwe; level series 1-1
Next Article James Cameron remembers late 'Titanic' producer Jon Landau, says "part of myself has been torn away"

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?