• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > UNRWA accuses Israel of "deliberately obstructing" Gaza aid operations
International

UNRWA accuses Israel of "deliberately obstructing" Gaza aid operations

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

New York [US], November 14 (ANI): The United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA) has accused Israel of deliberately obstructing its operations and restricting essential aid to Gaza, Al Jazeera reported. The agency warned that Palestinians are facing winter conditions with limited shelter as the conflict extends beyond two years.

UNRWA Commissioner-General Philippe Lazzarini told the UN General Assembly Fourth Committee that “Safeguarding UNRWA’s mandate and operations is required under international law; it is vital to the survival of millions of Palestinians; and it is essential for a political solution.”

He referenced findings by the UN Commission of Inquiry and rulings by the International Court of Justice, which obligate Israel to lift restrictions on the agency.

Lazzarini also highlighted severe funding shortages during a news conference at the UN headquarters, urging renewed donor support to sustain the agency’s core work.

“We run week by week, month by month. I know that as of today, we will be able to process our salaries in November, but have no idea if or no visibility if we will be able to process our salaries in December,” he said.

Israel has barred UNRWA from operating on its territory, alleging that some employees participated in the October 7, 2023 Hamas-led attack. Following these accusations, the United States, the agency’s largest historical donor, suspended its funding.

Despite restrictions, Lazzarini noted that UNRWA continues to provide key services, employing 12,000 staff in Gaza.

He said “About 75,000 people were sheltered in 100 of our premises across the Gaza Strip” and that the agency’s health centres have offered more than “15 million primary health consultations”, alongside vaccinations carried out with UNICEF and the World Health Organization.

Al Jazeera reported that under the US-brokered ceasefire that took effect on October 10, aid deliveries were expected to increase significantly, but only “around 150 trucks” have been entering Gaza each day, far below the 600-truck target needed to support the displaced population.

The reopening of the northern Zikim border crossing earlier this week has allowed the passage of trucks carrying humanitarian aid and commercial cargo, a move welcomed by Palestinians and UN agencies, according to Al Jazeera.

Meanwhile, Israel received the body of Israeli captive Meny Godard, 73, from the Red Cross on Thursday. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said forensic teams confirmed the identification, adding that Godard was killed in the October 2023 Hamas-led attack.

Hamas stated that the body had been recovered in Khan Younis. The remaining three bodies of captives are located in “very unreachable” areas beyond the so-called Yellow Line, according to information cited by Al Jazeera. The Yellow Line marks a boundary separating Israeli-controlled and Hamas-controlled zones in Gaza under the ceasefire arrangement.

Gaza health officials said they received the bodies of 15 Palestinians returned by Israel on Friday, bringing the total number recovered through the exchange process to 330.

Many of the remains have been difficult to identify due to being “decomposed, [been] disfigured,” a challenge that has led to numerous burials without identification in mass graves in Deir el-Balah. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Gaza is now a graveyard and there’s no escape, say UN aid teams
General elections in Pakistan before Feb next year
World Bank Group's Global Digital Summit to explore cutting-edge, innovative digital solutions
Maldives Minister, suspended for anti-Modi remark, apologises after uproar over post on Indian flag
PoJK, PoGB diaspora organises protest outside Pakistan consulate, demands release of arrested activists

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article PM Modi’s scheduled visit to BJP headquarters signals confidence as NDA consolidates strong lead in Bihar assembly elections | Cliq Latest
Next Article Will not answer them: Jasprit Bumrah gives bold reply to critics after five-for in Kolkata

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?