• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > UK: Prince Harry settles lawsuit against News Group Newspapers, receives "unequivocal apology"
International

UK: Prince Harry settles lawsuit against News Group Newspapers, receives "unequivocal apology"

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

London [UK], January 22 (ANI): Prince Harry has resolved his legal dispute with News Group Newspapers (NGN), the UK media company owned by Rupert Murdoch, according to his lawyer, as reported by CBS News.

The lawsuit, filed in 2019 by Harry and a former senior UK lawmaker, accused News Group of engaging in illegal practices through its tabloids, The Sun and the now-defunct News of the World, involving journalists and private investigators.

NGN also issued an apology to Prince Harry for “incidents of unlawful activities.”

“NGN offers a full and unequivocal apology to the Duke of Sussex for the serious intrusion by The Sun between 1996 and 2011 into his private life, including incidents of unlawful activities carried out by private investigators working for The Sun,” a statement read in court on Wednesday said.

The statement also included an apology for the activities of journalists and private investigators working for the News of the World.

“NGN further apologises to the Duke for the impact on him of the extensive coverage and serious intrusion into his private life as well as the private life of Diana, Princess of Wales, his late mother, in particular during his younger years. We acknowledge and apologise for the distress caused to the Duke, and the damage inflicted on relationships, friendships and family, and have agreed to pay him substantial damages,” the statement said, CBS News reported.

News Group has previously faced over 1,300 lawsuits from politicians and celebrities over allegations of phone hacking and other unlawful activities.

While it has settled many of these claims, the company has consistently denied any wrongdoing by The Sun or that senior executives concealed illegal actions.

In court documents that emerged in 2023, Prince Harry claimed that his own brother, Prince William, heir to the British throne, quietly received “a very large sum of money” in a 2020 phone hacking settlement with Murdoch’s UK newspaper group, according to CBS News. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

TikTok’s Fate in the US: Looming Ban or New Ownership? | CliqExplainer
Nikki Haley calls for strong stance against China during Taiwan visit | CliqExplainer
DR Congo crisis leaves mothers with newborns fleeing to Burundi
UAE Embassy in Delhi highlights expanded visa-on-arrival for Indian nationals
Amid concerns of Rafah ops, Israeli military presents plan to evacuate civilians from 'fighting areas'

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Israel formally accepts Agreement on Fisheries Subsidies
Next Article Semiconductor design GCCs in India see 12% decline in job openings between Q1-Q3 of FY2025: Report

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?