• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Trump's envoy blames Hamas for fresh violence in Gaza, says "US stands with Israel"
International

Trump's envoy blames Hamas for fresh violence in Gaza, says "US stands with Israel"

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
5 Min Read
SHARE

Washington, DC [US], March 23 (ANI): US Special Envoy Steve Witkoff has accused Hamas of sparking renewed fighting in Gaza, rejecting efforts to move forward with an “acceptable deal.”

Witkoff emphasised that Hamas had the opportunity to demilitarize and accept a bridging proposal but chose not to.

“So this is on Hamas. The United States stands with Israel,” Al Jazeera reported citing Witkoff’s statement on Fox News. “Hamas is the aggressor here.”

The proposed “bridge” plan aimed to extend the truce into April, allowing time for negotiations beyond the holidays of Ramadan and Passover.

According to Al Jazeera, the proposed “bridge” plan for the Gaza ceasefire, presented last week, aimed to extend the truce into April, allowing time for negotiations beyond the holidays of Ramadan and Passover.

However, Hamas insists that Israel must abide by the January ceasefire deal, including talks on ending the war permanently in exchange for the remaining 59 captives held in Gaza.

“We have positively responded to all the efforts made towards us. It was Netanyahu that has backed down on the agreement. It was Netanyahu who turned a blind eye to it. Therefore, it is Netanyahu, not Hamas or the resistance, that should be pressured to comply.”

Notably, Israeli’s army continues attacks across the Gaza Strip – killing dozens of people in pre-dawn raids, including senior Hamas official Salah al-Bardawil and his wife who were sleeping in a tent, as per Al Jazeera.

On Sunday morning, Israel Defence Forces launched a ground operation in Gaza’s Beit Hanoun town with fighter jets strucking several Hamas targets and terror infrastructure sites in the area.

Meanwhile, the IDF also warned residents of Rafah’s Tel-Sultan neighbourhood to evacuate their homes on Sunday.

In another update, CNN reported that Israel’s military carried out multiple waves of airstrikes across Lebanon targeting suspected Hezbollah sites on Saturday.

Citing the Lebanese Health Ministry, the report said that at least seven people have been killed, including a child, and 40 others injured in Saturday’s strikes.

With the ending to Gaza’s fragile ceasefire, the skies of Gaza are clouded with buzzing drones, grinding people down mentally. There is a constant fear of unpredictable attacks because of these sky predators.

And with three weeks of no aid coming in, the situation is extremely difficult. People are in survival mode, trying to get their hands on whatever they can.

Normally during Ramadan, shops and markets would be full of food. Now, almost nothing is available – and whatever small quantity is there is too expensive.

The head of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees has warned that every day that passed without the entry of vital humanitarian aid, including food, into the Gaza Strip brings the besieged territory closer “to an acute hunger crisis”.

In a post on X, Philippe Lazarrini said no food, medicine, water or fuel had entered Gaza in the past three weeks, saying this was “a tight siege longer than what was in place in the first phase of the war”.

“The people of Gaza depend on imports via Israel for their survival,” he added, noting that “banning aid is a collective punishment on Gaza.”

Israel has imposed a suffocating siege for the past 16 months and used starvation as a weapon. Even before October 7, 2023, the blockade had been in force across the Gaza Strip for more than a decade.

Gaza’s Health Ministry says at least 50,021 Palestinians have been confirmed dead and 113,274 wounded in Israel’s war on Gaza. Gaza’s Government Media Office updated its death toll to more than 61,700, saying thousands of Palestinians missing under the rubble are presumed dead.

At least 1,139 people were killed in Israel during the Hamas-led October 7, 2023 attacks and more than 200 taken captive. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Taiwan's NSB releases report on infiltration tactics used by China
Pakistani Activists fear government interference in Dr Shahnawaz custodial killing case
India, Malaysia vow deeper counter-terror partnership at 3rd Joint Working Group meeting
Indigenous Ecuadorian community files lawsuit after being displaced 80 years ago
Former President Donald Trump security increased amid Iranian assassination plot, reports say | CliqExplainer

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article "Jab heroine ko problem nahi, uske father ko problem nahi, toh aapko kyu ho rahi hai": Salman Khan on age gap with Rashmika in Sikandar
Next Article Khelo India Para Games 2025: Punjab's Jaspreet Kaur breaks powerlifting national record; TN keep lead

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?