• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Trump suggests he's not 'forcing' Gaza takeover plan, but questions why Israel "ever gave that up"
International

Trump suggests he's not 'forcing' Gaza takeover plan, but questions why Israel "ever gave that up"

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Washington DC [US], February 22 (ANI): After his earlier call of the Gaza Strip being depopulated and subsequently taken over by Israel drew a lot of flak globally, especially from the Arab nations, US President Donald Trump asserted that his plan was only a ‘recommendation’ and not an ‘enforcement’, The Jerusalem Post reported.

Speaking to Fox News, Trump reiterated his belief that his plan was the “best approach” to resolve the situation in the Middle East. “I’ll tell you the way to do it is my plan. I think that’s the plan that really works,” Trump said.

The US President added, “But I’m not forcing it. I’m just going to sit back and recommend it. And then the US would own the site, there’d be no Hamas. And they’d be developed and you’d start all over again with a clean slate.”

Trump has previously urged neighbouring Jordan and Egypt — both of which have peace agreements with Israel — to accept Palestinian refugees from Gaza, the Jerusalem Post report stated.

Furthermore, the report mentioned that Trump has justified his position by pointing to the significant aid the United States provides to these countries. However, Arab states have largely rejected the proposal, with the exception of Jordan, which agreed to take in 2,000 sick children.

On Friday, a group of Arab nations met to discuss an alternative plan that would allow Gaza’s population of around two million to remain in place, the Jerusalem Post report added.

Despite signalling that he would not push his plan, Trump continued to promote it. “It’s really essentially levelled now, you don’t have too much to do other than remove debris,” Trump said in his interview about Gaza.

“That place is not livable. And if you gave people the choice between that and living in a nice community, I think I know where they’d go. But we’ll see what happens,” the report quoted Trump as saying.

Trump also reflected on Israel’s 2005 decision to unilaterally withdraw from Gaza, removing settlements and military presence while transferring control to the Palestinian Authority, Jerusalem Post reported.

The US President then questioned why Israel made the decision in the first place. “It’s a great location. I don’t know why Israel ever gave that up. Why’d they give it up?” Trump said in his interview.

While Kilmeade referenced former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, Trump did not mention him directly but commented, “Somebody from Israel, I can’t tell you who, but was well known, decided to give it up. It’s one of the bad real estate deals.”

Trump also reacted to the recent return of the bodies of Ariel and Kfir Bibas, whose coffins were displayed by Hamas in what he described as a gruesome ceremony. “Barbaric,” Trump said, adding that he understood why Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would be “angry.”

When asked whether Netanyahu should prioritise rescuing the remaining hostages or eliminating Hamas, Trump responded that he would accept either decision, the Jerusalem Post report said. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

South Korean envoy lauds country's enduring business partnership with India
India's future will be space industry, drones, semi conductors: says EAM Jaishankar
Indian naval warship reaches hijacked vessel, issues warning to pirates
Russia Confirms Drone Strikes on Airfields, Blames Kyiv as US Pushes for Dialogue | cliQ Latest
ITBP conducts search and rescue for missing American paraglider in Himachal's Lahaul and Spiti

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Nicole Kidman emphasizes the importance of supporting female directors
Next Article Dravid returns to play for 3rd-division club alongside younger son Anvay

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?