• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > "Traffic movement severely affected, restoration efforts underway": DM on Uttarkashi landslides
National

"Traffic movement severely affected, restoration efforts underway": DM on Uttarkashi landslides

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Uttarkashi (Uttarakhand) [India], July 1 (ANI): Following major landslides in the Silai Band area, Uttarkashi District Magistrate Prashant Arya on Monday said that traffic movement has been severely affected due to road washouts at multiple locations, but restoration efforts are underway on a war footing.

Speaking to ANI, DM Arya said, “Traffic has been disrupted due to road washout at three places in Silai Band area. Work is being done on a war footing to make the road smooth for traffic.”

DM Arya stated that instructions have been issued to the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and the Forest Department to construct an alternative route to ensure safe pedestrian movement in the region.

“In view of the washout of the road in the Ojri area, necessary instructions have been given to the ITBP and Forest Department for the construction of an alternative route there, so that safe movement by foot in the affected area can be made smooth soon…The movement of vehicles will be restored to Silai Band by tomorrow,” he said.

Landslides triggered by heavy rains have been recurring across Uttarkashi district, hampering road connectivity and posing challenges for both locals and tourists.

The administration, along with disaster response agencies, has been actively engaged in clearing debris and ensuring essential connectivity is restored swiftly.

Uttarkashi DM Prashant Arya inspected the relief and rescue operations, which are underway at the site of the incident.

Two workers have died in the incident, and seven people are still missing.

Earlier in the day, Uttarkashi Superintendent of Police (SP) Sarita Dobhal inspected the landslide-affected areas along the Yamunotri National Highway and reviewed the safety measures in place to manage the situation.

“SP Uttarkashi Sarita Dobhal inspected various landslide zones on the Yamunotri National Highway and reviewed and assessed the safety management today, ” posted Uttarkashi Police, Uttarakhand on X.

Meanwhile, officials stated that the 24-hour suspension of the Char Dham Yatra has been lifted. The ban was imposed following a heavy rain alert.

The Yatra was suspended after a cloudburst near Barkot triggered a massive landslide, killing two workers and leaving seven others missing.

Earlier, the Barkot-Yamunotri road in Uttarkashi district, which had been damaged by a landslide, was repaired. However, search operations for the missing individuals are still underway.

Uttarkashi District Magistrate Prashant Arya confirmed to ANI that “repairs have been completed on the washout before Silai Band, and that efforts are ongoing to restore other damaged portions of the road.”

“The washout that happened due to a cloud burst before Silai Band on the Barkot-Yamunotri road of the district has been repaired and the road has been made smooth, while the work of making the other washout smooth is going on,” Uttarkashi District Magistrate Prashant Arya said. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/traffic-movement-severely-affected-restoration-efforts-underway-dm-on-uttarkashi-landslides20250701021347

You Might Also Like

UP: PWD issues demolition notice for Bahraich violence accused over illegal construction
"Will fulfill resolve of Viksit Bharat": BJP's Mahesh Sharma
Brain Drain- Why india’s youth are leaving and its impact on the nation
"Will always fight against this government," says NCP's Rohit Pawar after being questioned by ED
Home Ministry’s Vande Mataram directive draws objections from Muslim organisations over religious freedom | Cliq Latest

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Innovation takes centrestage, 95% of Indian firms rank it among top 3 priorities: BCG report
Next Article Poonam Dhillon opens up about payment issues in TV industry, says actors are paid "after 90 days"

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?