• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > "Tamil Nadu govt, Vijay failed": BJP MLC Narayanaswamy on Karur stampede
National

"Tamil Nadu govt, Vijay failed": BJP MLC Narayanaswamy on Karur stampede

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Bengaluru (Karnataka) [India], September 28 (ANI): Karnataka Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council and BJP MLC, Chalavadi Narayanaswamy, called the Karur stampede very unfortunate and stated that it was the failure of both the state government and actor-politician Vijay.

Speaking to ANI, Chalavadi Narayanaswamy said, “It is unfortunate. The government and the event organiser should have taken precautionary measures. Vijay is new with no experience. On the other hand, the government also completely failed to control the crowd; therefore, it should have taken measures even before the event began. On one side, the government has failed, and on the other side, Vijay has also failed. The state government should declare one crore compensation to each victim, and Vijay should also declare the same amount of compensation.”

Karnataka Minister Sharan Prakash also expressed grief over the loss of lives in the Karur stampede that claimed 40 lives and injured several.

Speaking to ANI, Sharan Prakash said, “This is a very unfortunate incident… The government should issue standard operating procedures and some guidelines for conducting huge programmes so such incidents don’t happen in future…”

Karur Collector M Thangavel confirmed on Sunday that at least 40 people died in the incident. The state government announced immediate relief measures, including a compensation of Rs 10 lakh for the families of each deceased and Rs 1 lakh for those undergoing medical treatment. Emergency teams and doctors were deployed to provide urgent care, and hospital facilities were strengthened with additional beds to manage the influx of patients.

Addressing a press conference alongside ADGP (Law and Order) S Davidson Devasirvatham, the Collector Thangavel said, “A total of 40 people have died in the stampede so far. The Chief Minister arrived immediately at night and ordered proper treatment for the injured. He announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh for the deceased and Rs 1 lakh for those receiving treatment. A help desk has been opened at the hospital… The Tamil Nadu government has taken steps to prevent further deaths.”

The massive crowd at Vijay’s rally reportedly turned chaotic, triggering panic. Several attendees fainted and were rushed to nearby hospitals. Sources had said that overcrowding at the venue led to the tragedy.

Chief Minister MK Stalin visited the Government Medical College and Hospital in Karur late Saturday night, met the injured, and paid tribute to those who lost their lives.

The Chief Minister further announced the formation of a one-member Commission of Inquiry, headed by retired High Court Judge Justice Aruna Jagadeesan, to conduct a thorough investigation and submit a report to the government.

Meanwhile, TVK chief and actor Vijay announced financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh for each bereaved family and Rs 2 lakh for the injured.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi also announced ex-gratia payments of Rs 2 lakh from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund. He also announced an amount of Rs 50,000 each for the people injured in the tragic incident.

“PM Narendra Modi has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh from PMNRF to be given to the next of kin of each deceased in the unfortunate incident at a political rally in Karur, Tamil Nadu. The injured would be given Rs 50,000,” the PMO posted on X. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/tamil-nadu-govt-vijay-failed-bjp-mlc-narayanaswamy-on-karur-stampede20250928232613

You Might Also Like

Amitabh Bachchan Wins First South Filmfare Award for Kalki 2898 AD as 70th Ceremony Honours Regional Cinema Excellence
J-K: Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind terrorist associate held in Shopian, ammunition recovered
India-UK free trade agreement brings major economic boost and job opportunities | cliQ Latest
MeitY cracks downs on intermediaries over child sexual abuse material, sends notices to X, Youtube, Telegram
US President Donald Trump calls Modi a ‘smart leader,’ hints at positive resolution on US-India tariffs | CliqExplainer

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article China sentences former minister to death with two-year reprieve for bribery
Next Article Baithe-baithe log kuch bhi …: Salman Khan throws a cryptic shade at recent allegations on 'Weekend Ka Vaar' episode

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?