• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > Punjab Police arrests accused in case pertaining to attacks on NHAI contractors
National

Punjab Police arrests accused in case pertaining to attacks on NHAI contractors

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Chandigarh (Punjab) [India], August 13 (ANI): Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Tuesday replied to Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari’s letter over alleged attacks on engineers and contractors in Jalandhar and Ludhiana and said that the local police have arrested the accused in both cases.

He further conveyed the reasons behind the attacks and said that the first incident was the outcome of the over-excavation of land by the NHAI contractor, while the second incident was the outcome of the non-payment of financial dues by the contractor to its sub-contractor.

The letter written by the Punjab CM Mann reads, “In both the cases referred to by you, the local Police promptly registered the FIRs under relevant provisions of law. Further, in both these cases, arrests have been made. However, on the investigation, it has been found that one incident was the outcome of the over-excavation of land by the NHAI concessionaire/contractor. The second incident was the outcome of non-payment of financial dues by the concessionaire/contractor to its sub- contractor. Thus, both cases stemmed from causes attributable to the concessionaire/contractor.”

It further added, “A detailed report of special DGP (Law & Order) is enclosed herewith. Irrespective of all this, the Punjab Police, being one of the finest forces is committed to taking care of the safety concerns of NHAI. Local Police have been directed to deploy patrolling teams in the area to maintain law and order.”

Earlier on August 10, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari, on Saturday wrote a letter to Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann over alleged attacks on engineers and contractors in Jalandhar and Ludhiana.

Gadkari wrote in his letter, “I have been informed about two untoward incidents that occurred recently on the Delhi-Katra expressway projects. In one incident in Jalandhar District, the Engineer of the Contractor was brutally assaulted. Although FIR has been registered in this regard, strong action is required to be taken against the perpetrators. In another incident in Ludhiana District, the Project camp of the Contractor of the Delhi-Katra Expressway was attacked by miscreants who also threatened the Engineers to burn the project camp and their staff alive. However, an FIR has still not been filed and the miscreants have not been arrested despite written requests by NHAI officers.”

He further requested that the state government should take corrective measures immediately. File FIRs and take strong action against the perpetrators in order to prevent such incidents in the future and to restore the confidence of NHAI officers and staff of the concessionaires.

“It is pertinent to note that due to pending issues related to land acquisition and the prevailing law and order conditions, concessionaires have requested to foreclose contracts and have raised claims against NHAI. If the situation does not improve, NHAI will have no other option but to cancel/ terminate eight other severely affected projects with a total length of 293 km costing 14,288 crore,” Gadkari added in his letter to CM Mann. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/punjab-police-arrests-accused-in-case-pertaining-to-attacks-on-nhai-contractors20240813232621

You Might Also Like

People in News: Gopi Thotakura becomes India’s first Space tourist aboard Blue Origin’s NS-25 mission
Bahraich violence victim died of "excessive bleeding" due to pellet injuries: CMO Sanjay Kumar
Seven explosions within 24 hours trigger fear across Balochistan as insurgent attacks escalate in Quetta and Dera Murad Jamali | cliQ Latest
AP Police denies permission to meet Nara Bhuvaneswari in Rajahmundry
Kerala: Veteran CPI(M) leader and CITU State President Anathalavattom Anandan passes away

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article ED may question Congress leader Rahul Gandhi this month in National Herald case | CliqExplainer
Next Article TIFF speaker panel include Cate Blanchett, Zoe Saldana, more

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?