• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > PM Modi speaks to Uttarakhand CM; takes stock of situation of 40 trapped workers in Uttarkashi tunnel
National

PM Modi speaks to Uttarakhand CM; takes stock of situation of 40 trapped workers in Uttarkashi tunnel

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Dehradun (Uttarakhand) [India], November 13 (ANI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday talked to Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami over the phone and inquired about the 40 workers trapped inside an under-construction tunnel for over 24 hours in Uttarkashi.

According to an official statement, PM Modi has inquired about the incident twice till now.

“Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw have also talked to CM Dhami,” the statement said.

However, talking about the information about the relief and rescue operations, the Chief Minister said that various state and central agencies are engaged in relief and rescue operations with mutual coordination and promptness.

Dhami further said that all the workers trapped inside the tunnel are safe and every effort is being made to get them out soon.

“I myself visited the spot and conducted an on-site inspection and is constantly keeping an eye on the rescue operations. Arrangements have been made to send large diameter hume pipes from Haridwar and Dehradun for rescue operations,” Dhami said.

SP Arpan Yaduvanshi who visited the tunnel said it may take one more day to rescue the trapped workers.

“Rescue operation is underway, all the agencies and technical experts have arrived here. Out of the 60 metres of debris, over 20 metres of debris has been cleared. We expect to evacuate the 40 people trapped inside by the night tomorrow. All basic amenities including oxygen, food and water are being provided to them through pipes. Family members of the people trapped have also been contacted…” Yaduvanshi said.

Ranjeet Kumar Sinha, State Disaster Management Secretary said that the tunnel collapsed due to pressure caused by soft rock.

“…Since there was soft rock, it collapsed due to pressure. Treatment for the same will be done later currently our primary responsibility is to rescue people safely…We expect people to be rescued safely by tomorrow or the day after…There is enough oxygen inside the tunnel for people to survive for at least 5-6 days. We are able to talk to the people trapped through walkie-talkies…” Sinha said.

A report from the National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL) says the tunnel had been breached by 21 metres and rescue efforts are continuing.

The detailed report on the accident says the Silkyara Tunnel is 4531 meters long and is under construction at a cost of Rs 853.79 crore.

“On November 10, 2023, re-profiling work was started from Ch. 260m to Ch. 265m at LHS and for the same patch primary lining works for the same were completed. On November 12, breaking work was started from Ch. 260m to Ch. 263m for the next patch of work & around 5:30 AM, early morning collapse occurred from Ch. 205m to 260 meters where re-profiling was completed. 40 workers based on contractor tunnel entry register trapped inside the tunnel,” the report said.

The report further stated that experts from the Authority Engineer, Geological Expert from RVNL and many more visited the collapse site periodically over the night and subsequently all the options were explored. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/pm-modi-speaks-to-uttarakhand-cm-takes-stock-of-situation-of-40-trapped-workers-in-uttarkashi-tunnel20231113223244

You Might Also Like

Amrit Udyan 2026 Opens at Rashtrapati Bhavan Showcasing Seasonal Blooms and Public Heritage | cliQ Latest
MP Chief Minister Mohan Yadav meets investors during his visit to Tamil Nadu
Over 30.68 cr unorganised workers registered on e-Shram Portal; women constitute 53.68 pc of registrations
Sanjay Raut Criticizes Centre’s Double Standards Over Bandh Protests | BulletsIn
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah dismisses rift over caste survey, says talks ongoing | cliQ Latest

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article India bowling coach Paras Mhambrey assesses unique value of each bowler in high-performing setup
Next Article "I was addicted to falling in love," says Megan Fox as she discusses her past relationships

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?