• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Over 700 dead, 2300 injured in "worst massacre of Israeli civilians" in history: Israel Defence Forces
International

Over 700 dead, 2300 injured in "worst massacre of Israeli civilians" in history: Israel Defence Forces

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Tel Aviv [Israel], October 10 (ANI): As many as 2,300 people have sustained injuries and more than 700 have died in the “worst massacre of Israeli civilians” by Hamas, Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said.

In a major escalation on October 7 (Saturday), Hamas launched a “surprise attack” on Israel, firing a barrage of rockets into the southern and central parts of the country.

“What we witnessed two days ago is the worst massacre of Israeli civilians in Israel’s history…This is something that we have never experienced before and the horrors that we have witnessed are almost hard to describe in words…,” Israel Defence Forces (IDF) spokesperson Major Libby Weiss said here on Monday night

In an update, Lieutenant Colonel (Reserves) Jonathan Conricus said that as many as 2,300 people have sustained injuries and more than 700 have died. He also believed that the number of casualties could increase.

IDF spokesperson Major Weiss’ remarks came during a virtual presser held on Monday night (IST) that was also attended by Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs Eli Cohen and Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson, Lior Haiat.

She also lashed out at Iran for being a “supporter of Hamas” and playing a role in the actions of Hamas.

“We know historically Iran has been a very strong supporter of Hamas…Naturally, we do believe that Iran plays a role in the actions Hamas is carrying out…,” she added.

On the release of hostages, Major Weiss said that much can’t be elaborated on the plans of IDF adding that they are committed to bringing hostages home.

“…For obvious reasons, we can’t at this stage elaborate too much about IDF plans or anything along those lines…We are committed & dedicated to bringing the hostages home regardless of what country they came from…,” said Major Weiss.

Earlier in an ANI interview, Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Lior Haiat also reiterated the allegation that Iran is the main financer of the terror organisations in the Middle East.

According to LTC (Res.) Conricus, “dozens of Israelis” have been held in captivity in Gaza under Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

He also said that civilians, women, the elderly, infants and even the disabled have been taken hostage. They were taken back to Gaza and paraded on the streets.

On the hostage issue, Israel’s Foreign Minister Cohen said, “I want to assure you that we will defeat the devil because we have no other choice. There are many Israelis and others from different nationalities who have been held hostage. We are committed to bringing them back in the spirit of mutual responsibility. We demand the Hamas not to harm any of the hostages…”

As part of its retaliation against Hamas, Israel has mobilised 3,00,000 troops in the last 48 hours. Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari informed about the mobilisation and said the IDF “has never mobilized so many reservists so quickly — 300,000 reservists in 48 hours.”

This is the largest mobilisation since the 1973 Yom Kippur War when Israel called up 400,000 reservists, Times of Israel reported.

In another development, the Israeli military has also deployed troops against a suspected infiltration from Lebanon.

Meanwhile, the IDF continued to carry out airstrikes, with the military saying it was hitting targets belonging to the Hamas terror group. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Delhi: Vietnamese delegation visits BJP headquarters
Resident accuses Pakistan coast guard of destroying boat in Balochistan
Ties between Slovakia, India in good shape: Slovakia Foreign Minister Juraj Blanar
Foreign Secy Vinay Kwatra co-chairs India-Russia FOC meeting in New Delhi
Israel says majority of hostages in Gaza are alive

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Could specialised diet help with long-term COVID?
Next Article Jamshedpur FC signs Steve Ambri for remainder ISL season
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?