• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Israel-Hamas war: WHO mobilises USD 10 mn to support civilians in Gaza
International

Israel-Hamas war: WHO mobilises USD 10 mn to support civilians in Gaza

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
7 Min Read
SHARE

Geneva [Switzerland], October 19 (ANI): The World Health Organization (WHO) has pledged USD 10 million in support for civilians affected by the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas.

WHO Chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus expressed his deep concern for the situation and called for urgent action to protect the health and well-being of civilians on both sides during a virtual media briefing on Thursday.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus began his address by acknowledging the shock and sadness felt by the entire WHO team in response to the Israel-Gaza conflict. “Like the rest of the world, all of us at WHO have been shocked, appalled and saddened by the conflict in Israel and Gaza. The attacks by Hamas and other armed groups on the 7th of October that targeted Israeli civilians were horrific and unjustifiable,” he said.

At the same time, WHO expressed grave concern for the health and well-being of civilians in Gaza, who are enduring the devastating impacts of bombardment and a long-standing siege. The WHO chief deplored the attacks on healthcare facilities in both Gaza and Israel, which have resulted in casualties among health workers and patients.

“At the same time, WHO is gravely concerned about the health and well-being of civilians in Gaza, who are suffering from bombardment and siege. I also deplore the attacks on health care in both Gaza and Israel, which have led to deaths and injuries of health workers and patients on both sides. Under international humanitarian law, all armed actors are obliged to actively protect health care. The bomb that struck the Al Ahli Hospital in Gaza City on Tuesday night, and the loss of life it caused, regardless of who was responsible, cannot be tolerated,” he added.

He emphasised that under international humanitarian law, all armed actors are obligated to actively protect healthcare infrastructure.

“Despite the airstrikes and the risks to their own security, the WHO team in Gaza has delivered lifesaving medical supplies, sufficient to care for 2000 patients. But much more is needed,” he said.

The recent bombing of the Al Ahli Hospital in Gaza City, which resulted in loss of life, was highlighted as an event that cannot be tolerated, regardless of responsibility.

Ghebreyesus also mentioned his recent meeting with Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, during which they discussed facilitating the delivery of medical supplies to Gaza through the Rafah border crossing. “In Cairo last week, I met with Egypt’s President, who agreed to facilitate the delivery of medical supplies to Gaza through the Rafah border crossing,” said the WHO chief.

On Saturday, “WHO delivered a planeload of supplies to Egypt” from its logistics hub in Dubai, and a further four flights, with 40 metric tons of supplies, will arrive over the course of the next week, he said.

These supplies include trauma medicines to treat wounded patients, medicines for various conditions like diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular diseases, as well as other essential health resources that will meet the needs of approximately 3,00,000 people, including pregnant women.

In a positive development, Israel announced that it will not block the entry of water, food, and medicines into Gaza from Egypt.

“We welcome Israel’s announcement yesterday that it will not block the entry of water, food and medicines into Gaza from Egypt. Fuel is also needed for hospital generators, ambulances and desalination plants – we urge Israel to add fuel to the life-saving supplies allowed to enter Gaza,” he added.

However, Ghebreyesus stressed the urgent need for fuel to power hospital generators, ambulances, and desalination plants. WHO urged Israel to include fuel among the life-saving supplies permitted to enter Gaza.

Ghebreyesus clarified that WHO, as a UN agency, maintains political impartiality and is dedicated to supporting the health and well-being of all Israelis and Palestinians.

“WHO supports the @UN Secretary-General’s call for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire. We call for the immediate and safe release of hostages seized and taken into Gaza by Hamas and other armed groups, among them children, older people and those who need urgent medical care,” he said.

He highlighted the establishment of an official presence in Israel in 2019 in addition to the existing office in the occupied Palestinian territory.

WHO fully supports the UN Secretary-General’s call for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire and appeals for the immediate and safe release of hostages taken into Gaza by Hamas and other armed groups, including children, older individuals, and those in need of urgent medical care.

The organisation continues to urge both Israel and Hamas to uphold their obligations under international law to protect civilians and healthcare facilities. Additionally, WHO calls on Israel to restore the supply of electricity and water in the region, he said.

As the Israel-Hamas war enters its 13th day, global protests over deadly strike at Gaza hospital continue with arrests of Jewish anti-war demonstrators reported inside US Congress, according to CNN.

The Palestinian Mission to the UN in Geneva has denounced Israeli disinformation and propaganda after deadly Gaza hospital explosion. At least 3,785 Palestinians killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza since Hamas’s October 7 attack inside Israel, which killed more than 1,400 people, CNN reported. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Over 13,000 ‘Terrorists’ Among Palestinian Deaths: Netanyahu
RWJBarnabas Health on Navigating the Holiday Blues and Supporting Mental Well-Being This Season
SoftBank, Oracle, and OpenAI launch $500 billion AI infrastructure project in the United States | CliqExplainer
Donald Trump breaks tradition during his second inauguration, skips Bible oath | CliqExplainer
Had very warm, engaging conversation with President Trump: PM Modi

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article "Inspired by million true stories, based on true story": Vikrant Massey on his upcoming film '12th Fail'
Next Article "Was hit by an iron nail in Peshawar…": Irfan Pathan makes shocking revelation

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?