• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Hezbollah claims responsibility for mortar fire at Israel from Lebanon
International

Hezbollah claims responsibility for mortar fire at Israel from Lebanon

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Tel Aviv [Israel], October 8 (ANI): Terrorist organisation Hezbollah claimed responsibility for the mortar fire that Lebanon launched at northern Israel earlier on Sunday, The Times of Israel reported.

The terror outfit claimed that it attacked three Israeli military facilities in the contentious Mount Dov region.

The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) stated that it responded with artillery strikes but did not disclose the extent of damage inflicted.

Significantly, the projectiles landed in the contested Mount Dov region on the Lebanon border.

The IDF said it carried out a drone strike against “Hezbollah infrastructure” in the area. According to a military source, the site was a tent the terror group set up on Israeli territory months ago.

There were no reports of injuries or damage.

“The IDF has been taking preparational measures for this type of possibility and will continue to operate in all regions and at any time necessary to ensure the safety of the Israeli civilians,” the military said in a statement, according to The Times of Israel.

So far, more than 300 people have been killed on the Israeli side, with the number of injured victims in the Hamas terror attacks reaching 1,864, the Times of Israel reported, citing the country’s health ministry.

Hamas terrorists, who infiltrated Israel from Gaza on Saturday morning, unleashing a surprise and unprecedented ground assault on civilians, were still being sought by Israeli security authorities in southern Israel villages.

An undetermined number of terrorists have been captured or killed by security forces and others while some managed to sneak back into Gaza with hostages, including women, children, and senior citizens, according to reports.

Israel launched ‘Operation Swords of Iron’, striking a number of suspected Hamas hideouts in the Gaza Strip. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel’s response to the Hamas incursion will “exact a huge price” on the terrorist group.

Meanwhile, in an operation that started on Saturday, Israel’s Security Forces neutralised 10 terrorists and regained control of the Sderot Police Station that was overrun by Hamas terrorists yesterday, as per Israeli media reports.

Amir Cohen, the commander of the Border Police, applauded the Israeli Security Forces for regaining control of the Sderot police station early on Saturday morning and said that, including Border Police anti-terror forces and military troops, they “acted throughout the last day with great courage and determination,” the Times of Israel reported.

“We are in a difficult time but now we raise our heads and continue to act with determination and… strength against any threat to provide security to the citizens,” he said.

“Full control was achieved and our forces neutralized about 10 armed terrorists in the station,” the police added in a statement.

Notably, Sderot Police Station is situated on the Israeli border with Gaza.

Earlier, some graphic videos showed bodies strewn on the streets of the southern city of Sderot after the attack by Palestinian militants.

Cars were riddled with bullets and lit on fire. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Trump administration clearly prioritising bilateral ties with India: Jaishankar
"Hope India, Canada can find a way through…": British High Commissioner on diplomatic row
US: Joe Biden, Kamala Harris to rally on abortion rights as New Hampshire primary voting starts
VP Radhakrishnan meets Chief AI officer of Meta, Qualcomm CEO on sidelines of India AI Impact Summit 2026
Commander of Sri Lankan Army lays wreath at National War Memorial

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article India and Saudi Arabia sign MoU in Electrical Interconnections, Green / Clean Hydrogen and Supply Chains
Next Article PM Modi lauds Indian contingent for remarkable 107 medals at Asian Games closing
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?