• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > Sports > Harry Brook banned from IPL for two years following withdrawal from 2025 season: Tournament official
Sports

Harry Brook banned from IPL for two years following withdrawal from 2025 season: Tournament official

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

By Vipul Kashyap

New Delhi [India], March 13 (ANI): England batter Harry Brook has been banned from participating in the Indian Premier League (IPL) for the next two years following his withdrawal from the upcoming season this year after being bought by Delhi Capitals (DC) in the last year’s auction, an official of the league told ANI.

DC got him in the last year’s auction for Rs 6.25 crores. Brook three days back had posted a statement on his social media, saying that “It is a really important time for England cricket” and he wants to “recharge himself” after the “busiest period of his career” so far.

After England’s winless campaign in the recently-concluded ICC Champions Trophy and poor title 50-over and 20-over World Cup title defences, “I have made the very difficult decision to pull out of the upcoming IPL,” Brook posted on his Instagram.

“I apologise unreservedly to the Delhi Capitals and their supporters. I love cricket. Ever since I was a young boy, I have dreamt of playing for my country, and I am extremely thankful to have the opportunity to play the game I love at this level.”

“With the guidance of people I trust, I have taken the time to seriously consider this decision. It is a really important time for England cricket, and I want to fully commit to preparing for the upcoming series. In order to do this, I need time to recharge after the busiest period in my career to date. I know not everyone will understand, and I don’t expect them to, but I have to do what I believe is right, and playing for my country remains my priority and focus. I remain hugely grateful for the opportunities I have been given and the support I receive,” he concluded.

This new rule on a two-year ban was put in place ahead of the 2025 Mega Auction based on the reactions of all 10 franchises, who were frustrated with last-minute withdrawals of several players, mostly English, for the last few years.

In a note to franchises last September, the IPL said as quoted by ESPNCricinfo, “Any [overseas] player who registers for [an] auction and, after getting picked at the auction, makes himself unavailable before the start of the season will get banned from participating in the IPL/IPL auction for two seasons.”

The only exception, the governing council of the league said, will be for “an injury/medical condition, which will have to be confirmed by the [player’s] home board”.

Earlier last year, Brook had withdrawn from the IPL because he wanted to be with his family following the death of his grandmother, which also caused him to miss England’s Test tour to India in February. He was a part of the Delhi Capitals lineup and was released ahead of the 2025 mega auction.

The 2025 IPL season will start with Delhi Capitals match against Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) on March 24.

In addition to finding a replacement for Brook, DC has yet to announce their captain as well.

Brook played an IPL season in 2023 with Sunrisers Hyderabad, scoring just 190 runs in 11 matches at an average of 22.11, with a century against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) being a standout knock. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

"Each player's commitment is very motivating" says PM Modi as he congratulates Team India on T20 WC win
"I'll take that one": Tom Straker after surpassing Kagiso Rabada's spell in U-19 WC
Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti signs contract renewal till 2026
Union Sports Minister Mansukh Mandaviya visits 63rd National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championship
Maheshwari Chauhan secures Paris 2024 Olympic quota for India in women’s skeet shooting

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article MDNIY embarks on 100-day countdown to 11th International Day of Yoga with Grand Yoga Mahotsav 2025
Next Article TMC, BJP spar amid row over Holi celebrations in Bengal's Santiniketan

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?