• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > Former CM Basavaraj Bommai seeks CBI investigation into MUDA sites allocation scam
National

Former CM Basavaraj Bommai seeks CBI investigation into MUDA sites allocation scam

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Gadag (Karnataka) [India], July 7 (ANI): Former Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai has demanded that the MUDA (Mysuru Urban Development Authority) sites allocation scam be investigated by the CBI or under the supervision of a judge.

Speaking to the media in Gadag on Sunday, he said, “If there were no irregularities in the MUDA case as claimed by the Chief Minister, then an independent investigation by the CBI or a judicial probe should be conducted to bring out the truth.”

He added, “In various governments, land has been allocated under different schemes, and if the scheme has been legally complied with, there should be no issue. However, if there have been changes to the scheme, an investigation would expose everything.”

A day before, Union Minister Pralhad Joshi demanded an impartial investigation into the MUDA scam and appealed to the state government to transfer it to the CBI.

Pralhad Joshi said, “It is alleged that it is a more than Rs 3,800 crores scam and plots duly authorised by MUDA have been transferred in the name of the wife of Chief Minister Siddaramaiah. There is a huge scam and the then DC who has now been transferred to cover up the same, had written more than 15 letters to the state government to look into the matter and show proper directions to MUDA. In spite of that, they did not act and Siddaramaiah got very valuable land.”

He further said that by transferring the DC the scam has been proven. “By transferring the DC the scam has been proven. We are demanding a proper and impartial investigation and the state government should give it to the CBI,” Joshi said.

Meanwhile, the former Chief Minister also criticized the state government for failing to control the dengue fever outbreak, accusing them of playing with the lives of the poor. “The dengue cases had been emerging for the past one and a half months, and the government, health department, and district health officers should have taken precautionary measures, but they failed to do so,” Bommai said.

The BJP leader said dengue was a disease caused by stagnant water following rains, and the government should have undertaken awareness campaigns and fumigation, which they did not. He added, “Instead, the government of attempting to downplay the severity of the outbreak by categorizing dengue cases under different categories and reducing the number of tests conducted. Officially, the government reports 7,000 cases, but the actual number is double that, with many deaths not being reported, he added.”

Bommai also underscored the need for proper testing, medication, and treatment, and said that many district hospitals lack the necessary facilities, and taluk-level hospitals are even worse.

Stepping up his attacks on the government, Bommai said, “The state government has completely failed to tackle the dengue fever outbreak, resulting in significant loss of life and a dire public health situation. The government must constitute a task force committee to address the dengue crisis immediately and take war footing measures. if the outbreak was not contained, it could lead to other diseases and take months for patients to recover.”

Bommai called on the government to increase testing, supply medicines and vaccines more widely, and ensure free testing and treatment for the poor, as they cannot afford it. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/former-cm-basavaraj-bommai-seeks-cbi-investigation-into-muda-sites-allocation-scam20240707220336

You Might Also Like

"Technology should not become a burden; use it judiciously": PM Modi
IPL betting gang busted in Uttar Pradesh, 2 detained, Rs 2.47 lakh seized | CliqExplainer
Stormy start expected in 18th Lok Sabha as BJP’s B Mahtab appointed pro-tem speaker | CliqExplainer
"We win all 4 Lok Sabha seats in the state:" CM Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu
BJP's Rajiv Pratap Rudy says "PM Modi established leadership in whole world"

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Ola founder Bhavish Aggarwal draws parallel between its upcoming IPO and that of Maruti's 20 years ago
Next Article Manushi Chhillar happy to be back home, attends "walkathon" in Haryana

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?