• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Forbes journalist placed under house arrest in Russia for spreading 'fake news' about armed forces
International

Forbes journalist placed under house arrest in Russia for spreading 'fake news' about armed forces

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Moscow [Russia], April 28 (ANI): A journalist working for the Russian edition of the US magazine Forbes has been placed under house arrest after being detained for allegedly spreading “fake news” about the armed forces, reported CNN, citing Russian state-run RIA news agency on Saturday.

The journalist, identified as Sergey Mingazov, was ordered into house arrest for two months as he awaits trial after being detained on Friday.

Mingazov’s lawyer, Konstantin Bubon, said on Friday that the journalist had been detained for “reposting a publication about the events in Bucha (Ukraine)” on Telegram, as reported by CNN.

Mingazov’s Telegram channel had 476 subscribers at the time of publishing this article. It shows that he reposted stories about the Russian military allegedly committing atrocities in Bucha, near the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv, from other news outlets such as the BBC’s Russian outlet and Radio Freedom.

According to CNN, his lawyer said that Mingazov was accused of spreading “knowingly false information” about the Russian armed forces “under the guise” of reliable reporting.

The city of Bucha, which was under Russian occupation since the early stages of the invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, was liberated by Ukrainian forces by the end of March of the same year.

According to the Ukrainian prosecutor general’s office, thousands of war crimes were committed by the Russian army in the Bucha district, resulting in the deaths of hundreds of civilians.

Despite evidence presented, the Kremlin denies any involvement in the mass killings, dismissing the images of civilian casualties as fabricated.

Bubon told Forbes Russia that Mingazov’s house arrest was enforced as a “preventative measure.” In Russia, preventative measures take place pre-trial and include being remanded in custody, released on bail, or placed under house arrest.

Furthermore, Bubon stated that the court had prohibited Mingazov from accessing the internet and had imposed limitations on his interactions with individuals beyond relatives, investigators, lawyers, and medical professionals.

On Saturday, without naming Mingazov, Khabarovsk territory’s Investigative Committee stated that it had chosen house arrest “as a preventative measure,” after charging a man with the public dissemination of knowingly false information about the Russian armed forces.

Since it invaded Ukraine in February 2022, Russia has intensified its crackdown on journalists. Notable figures such as Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty editor Alsu Kurmasheva and Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich have been arrested.

Additionally, courts have issued arrest warrants in absentia for several journalists, including Alexander Nevzorov, Dmitry Gordon, and Marina Ovsyannikova, for their critical remarks about the state.

On Saturday, a local Russian court press service said that Konstantin Gabov, a Russian journalist it said worked as a producer for the Reuters news agency, was detained and accused of “extremism.” (ANI)

You Might Also Like

13th Dubai Award for Sustainable Transport attracts 168 participants
How Canada’s immigration debate contributed to PM Justin Trudeau’s resignation amid housing crisis and public discontent? | CliqExplainer
Simone Biles defends husband Jonathan Owens over gold medal controversy | CliqExplainer
India surges ahead as global markets struggle amid trade chaos | cliQ Latest
"Fascinating conversation!": PM Modi shares glimpses into podcast with Lex Fridman

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Ryan Gosling surprises fans during stunt show at Universal Studios ahead of 'The Fall Guy' release
Next Article Sudharsan, Shahrukh's half-centuries propel Gujarat Titans to 200/3 against RCB

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?