• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > "60 crore must have taken bath, but Govt is not disclosing": SP supremo alleges underreporting of devotees attending Mahakumbh
National

"60 crore must have taken bath, but Govt is not disclosing": SP supremo alleges underreporting of devotees attending Mahakumbh

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) [India], February 15 (ANI): Samajwadi Party Chief Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday alleged that the Uttar Pradesh government is underreporting the number of devotees attending the ongoing Mahakumbh in Prayagraj.

While the state administration has officially recorded 501.1 million (50.11 crore) participants so far, Yadav claimed the actual number is around 600 million (60 crore).

Addressing a press conference in Lucknow, Yadav accused the government of deliberately providing lower figures to conceal its administrative shortcomings.

“By now, 600 million people (60 crores) must have taken a bath, but the government is not disclosing the actual number. They are deliberately underreporting figures so that, in the future, if someone studies the administrative or management aspects, their failures and mismanagement will be exposed,” he said.

He also urged the UP government to extend the Mahakumbh period so that elderly devotees could take a holy dip at Triveni Sangam.

“There are many elderly people–those above sixty-five or seventy years–who have not been able to take a bath. They wished to participate in religious programs, but due to various reasons, they couldn’t. At one time, the Kumbh used to last seventy-five days. During Emperor Harshavardhana’s time, it was even longer, attracting people from all religions and distant places. So, we demand the government extend it,” Yadav said.

Highlighting logistical challenges, he pointed to traffic congestion and the risk of stampedes as key reasons for elderly devotees missing the event. He also slammed the government for failing to use drone technology effectively.

“The government had earlier stated that drones should be used, and even conducted programs on it. But where drones were actually needed, they were not deployed,” the SP supremo added.

Referring to the state’s “Digital Kumbh” initiative, he added, “The government spoke about a Digital Kumbh, but it is not even able to provide accurate figures yet.”

“Our demand is that the residents of Prayagraj, who are yet to take a bath, should be given the opportunity. Therefore, this Kumbh event should be prolonged and extended,” Yadav added.

Meanwhile, the Uttar Pradesh Information Department stated that as of today, 501.1 million people have taken a dip at the Triveni Sangam. The state administration also noted that the Mahakumbh has become the first event in the world to have more than 500 million direct participants. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/politics/60-crore-must-have-taken-bath-but-govt-is-not-disclosing-sp-supremo-alleges-underreporting-of-devotees-attending-mahakumbh20250215170335

You Might Also Like

Delhi court receives plea seeking FIR against Sonia Gandhi over alleged pre-citizenship electoral roll entry | cliQ Latest
Rahul Gandhi to Appear in Defamation Case Against Amit Shah on 26 July | BulletsIn
MoS Pratima Bhowmik leads Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra in Tripura's Gomati district
Prajwal Revvana Leads in Karnataka’s Hassan Constituency: Election Commission
Congress will indulge in vote bank politics if it returns to power in Chhattisgarh: Amit Shah

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Capacit'e Infraprojects Ltd. Secures Work Orders Worth Rs1320 Crore from NBCC (India) Limited
Next Article Akshay Kumar, R Madhavan starrer 'Kesari Chapter 2' gets new release date

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?