• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > Business > Zee shares nosedive after Sony terminates merger deal
Business

Zee shares nosedive after Sony terminates merger deal

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

New Delhi [India], January 23 (ANI): Shares of Zee Entertainment Enterprises tanked 10 per cent to hit the lower circuit in the Tuesday morning session, a day after the cancellation of the merger deal with Sony Pictures.

At 10.55 am, the shares were 9.98 per cent lower at Rs 208.30. So far in 2024, the shares declined 27 per cent. The lower circuit is the lower possible price that the stock of a firm can trade at on that particular session.

On Monday, Sony Pictures terminated the USD 10-billion merger deal with Zee Entertainment Enterprises.

In a notice issued to Zee, Sony called off the December 22, 2021 agreement to merge Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) and Culver Max Entertainment Private Limited (CME), which was formerly known as Sony Pictures Networks India Private Limited.

Zee received communications from Culver Max Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. (formerly Sony Pictures Networks India) (“Culver Max”) and Bangla Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. (“BEPL”) on MOnday, purporting to terminate the Merger Co-operation Agreement dated December 2021, and seeking a termination fee worth USD 90 million on account of alleged breaches by ZEEL of the terms.

ZEEL categorically denies all the assertions raised by Culver Max and BEPL on the alleged breaches under the terms of the MCA, including their claims for the termination fee, Zee said in a release on Monday.

“ZEEL has consistently worked towards the implementation of the mentioned scheme in the interest of the shareholders. ZEEL also held several deliberations and good faith negotiations with Culver Max and BEPL, with a view to consider an extension of the merger completion timeline, that did not materialise,” Zee added in the release.

ZEEL’s Board of Directors is evaluating all the available options, it said, adding that it would take all the necessary steps to protect the long-term interests of all its stakeholders, including by taking appropriate legal action and contesting Culver Max and BEPL’s claims in the arbitration proceedings.

“We are evaluating the next steps and considering the appropriate course of action. The Board has noted that the Company took all the required steps in the course of its integration journey over the last two years, to ensure that the scheme is implemented at the earliest. That said, the Board would like to assure its stakeholders that the Company will take all the necessary actions, in the best interest of all stakeholders, including by taking appropriate legal action and contesting Culver Max and BEPL’s claims in the arbitration proceedings,” R Gopalan, Chairman, ZEE Entertainment Enterprises/

ZEEL inked the Merger Co-operation Agreement with Culver Max and BEPL on December 21, 2021, which was approved by the Mumbai bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on August 10 and 11, 2023, respectively

ZEEL exercised its right to require Culver Max and BEPL to enter into good faith negotiations for a period of 30 days to arrive at a mutual agreement on the extension of the end date by a reasonable period of time for completion of the transaction as per the terms of the MCA. (ANI)

Click Here for more news: https://www.youtube.com/@cliQIndia

You Might Also Like

UBS Report: India's election result sparks concerns of populist policies and delayed reforms
Safe-Haven Rush Drives Gold to Record Highs as West Asia War Sends Silver Soaring | Cliq Latest
Adani's Colombo port project gets USD 553 million funding from US DFC
Unlocking Transformation: A Comprehensive Guide to Bariatric Surgery
Celebrating Two Years: Jindal Aluminium's Rs 400 Crore Investment Spurs Growth, Creates More Than 1000 Jobs

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Iga Swiatek, Aryna Sabalenka headline Qatar Open entry list
Next Article "Ram is not coming! Elections are approaching!" Tej Pratap Yadav's dig at BJP

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?