• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Won't get intimidated: Philippines President on growing Chinese aggression in South China Sea
International

Won't get intimidated: Philippines President on growing Chinese aggression in South China Sea

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Manila [Philipines], June 23 (ANI): Amid China’s growing aggression, Philippines’ President Ferdinand Marcos Jr has said that the nation would not be intimidated by Beijing’s expansionist acts, Al Jazeera reported.

His remarks came at the headquarters of Philippine South China Sea forces at Palawan island.

According to the Philippine President “In defending the nation, we stay true to our Filipino nature that we would like to settle all these issues peacefully.”

During the visit to the headquarters, Marcos awarded medals to 80 sailors who took part in the resupply mission, and urged the sailors to continue defending their nation despite the situation being “dangerous”.

Quoting Marcos as saying, Al Jazeera reported that the Philippines will continue to exercise its freedom.

“We will never be intimidated or oppressed by anyone. Continue to exercise our freedoms and rights in support of our national interest, in accordance with international law,” Marcos said.

The statement came as a response towards the recent incident of a violent clash between Chinese and Philippine sailors near the Second Thomas Shoal about 200 km away from Palawan island.

During that incident, the Chinese forces injured Filipino navy personnel and damaged at least two military boats in the South China Sea.

Additionally, the Filipino sailors also accused Chinese coastguards of stealing and damaging their equipment, the Al Jazeera report claimed.

Previously, the Philippines News Agency (PNA) had reported that the Armed Forces of the Philippines had rejected China’s allegation that a Philippines ship illegally entered its waters and collided with one of its coast guard vessels, terming it “deceptive and misleading of the China Coast Guard.

In a message to reporters, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) public affairs office chief Col. Xerxes Trinidad stated, “The AFP will not discuss operational details on the legal humanitarian rotation and resupply mission at Ayungin Shoal, which is well within our EEZ (exclusive economic zone).” Trinidad added, “We will not dignify the deceptive and misleading claims of the China Coast Guard (CCG),” PNA reported.

The AFP official stressed that the presence and actions of Chinese vessels within the Philippines’ exclusive economic zone (EEZ) that infringe on Manila’s sovereignty and sovereign rights remain the main issue.

Trinidad said that the China Coast Guard’s continued aggressive actions escalated tensions in the region, according to PNA

The statement of the Armed Forces of the Philippines came after the China Coast Guard (CCG) claimed that a Philippine replenishment ship illegally entered waters near Ren’ai Reef (Chinese name of Ayungin Shoal) on Monday last week, forcing them to take appropriate actions.

Notably, Ayungin Shoal is a submerged reef in the Spratlys Islands in the South China Sea (SCS). The BRP Sierra Madre, which is considered an outpost of the Philippine Navy, has been grounded in Ayungin since 1999. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

US: At least 15 people injured after gas explosion, fire in New York's Wappingers Falls
22-yr-old Indian student found dead in Scotland
Grateful for PM Modi, President Zayed for driving relationship, says UAE Ambassador
Canada initiates WTO dispute complaint regarding US steel and aluminium duties
Pakistan PM Sharif Seeks Investments and Solidifies Ties in Beijing Talks with President Xi

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Sonam Kapoor enjoys "best night" with Anand Ahuja at Taylor Swift's concert in London
Next Article T20 WC: England captain Jos Buttler wins toss, elects to bowl against USA in must-win game

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?