• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > White House bans Associated Press from accessing Oval Office and Air Force One
International

White House bans Associated Press from accessing Oval Office and Air Force One

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Washington, DC [US], February 15 (ANI): The White House on Friday announced that it has indefinitely banned The Associated Press (AP) from accessing the Oval Office and Air Force One indefinitely, CNN reported. The news agency was singled out by the White House earlier this week over its use of the words: “Gulf of Mexico.”

Earlier in January, the US President announced that the US government would rename the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America and the change has taken effect at government agencies. However, the new name has not been recognised by other nations. The Associated Press still refers to it as the Gulf of Mexico. Other news outlets in the world have also made similar decisions.

However, the White House this week singled out the AP and banned its reporters from attending presidential events. Photographers working for the AP were permitted to attend the events.

Shortly before Trump departed the White House for Mar-a-Lago on Friday, his administration said that the AP would not be permitted to travel aboard Air Force One for the trip.

In a statement shared on X, White House Deputy Chief of Staff Taylor Budowich said that The Associated Press continues to ignore the lawful geographic name change of the Gulf of America and called its decision “divisive” and it exposes agencies commitment to misinformation. He announced that AP journalists and photographers will retain their credentials to the White House complex.

“The Associated Press continues to ignore the lawful geographic name change of the Gulf of America. This decision is not just divisive, but it also exposes the Associated Press’ commitment to misinformation. While their right to irresponsible and dishonest reporting is protected by the First Amendment, it does not ensure their privilege of unfettered access to limited spaces, like the Oval Office and Air Force One. Going forward, that space will now be opened up to the many thousands of reporters who have been barred from covering these intimate areas of the administration. Associate Press journalists and photographers will retain their credentials to the White House complex,” Budowich posted on X.

The Associated Press continues to ignore the lawful geographic name change of the Gulf of America. This decision is not just divisive, but it also exposes the Associated Press’ commitment to misinformation. While their right to irresponsible and dishonest reporting is protected…

— Taylor Budowich (@Taylor47) February 14, 2025

Banning the AP from accessing what is known as “pooled” events like Air Force One flights, interferes with the news outlet’s ability to perform its job, CNN reported. The “press pool” travels with US President all the time and shares information with the press corps.

The AP has repeatedly indicated that it is preparing a legal challenge, CNN reported. An AP employee who spoke on the condition of anonymity said, “It’s hard to come up with a clearer case of viewpoint discrimination,” as per the report.

On Thursday, the White House Correspondents Association, which represents the press corps, said the decision taken against The Associated Press “is a textbook violation of not only the First Amendment, but the president’s own executive order on freedom of speech and ending federal censorship.” (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Pakistan: Protests continue despite severe cold demanding probe over Baloch killings
Outgoing Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen, President-elect Lai Ching-Te thank PM Modi for support
Pakistan: Baloch human rights group holds rally to honour victims of extrajudicial killings
Seventeen-year-old Dev Karan wins UN-backed global award for pioneering youth-led model that restores India’s dying ponds through technology and community stewardship | cliQ Latest
Uyghur leader calls for consumer awareness to avoid unintentional support of human rights violations

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Potsy Ponciroli to pen script of 'The Goonies' much-awaited sequel
Next Article "Brilliant to watch": Mandhana praises Ahuja, Ghosh for RCB's thrilling win

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?