• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > "We take safety of peacekeepers very seriously": India reiterates stand amid attacks on UNIFIL premises in Lebanon
International

"We take safety of peacekeepers very seriously": India reiterates stand amid attacks on UNIFIL premises in Lebanon

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

New Delhi [India], October 17 (ANI): India reiterated its call for the safety of United Nations peacekeepers, amid escalating conflict in southern Lebanon with multiple attacks being reported on UNIFIL premises in Lebanon.

The Ministry of External Affairs referred to India’s statement on the development in southern Lebanon and said that New Delhi takes the safety of the UN peacekeepers “very seriously.”

It also confirmed that there are no Indian troops stationed at the Blue Line, but stressed the imortance of safety of the troops deployed.

“We had issued a statement on this development in southern Lebanon and we have said that we take the safety of peacekeepers very seriously. We have called for all action to be taken to maintain the safety of the UNIFIL premises,” MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said in a press conference on Thursday.

“There were some reports of the peacekeepers getting skin rashes; they have issues with a statement on this. We didn’t have any of our Indian troops there but continued to call for the safety of the troops,” he added.

Last week, India expressed concern at the deteriorating security situation along the Blue Line, which has separated Lebanon and Israel since the 1970s, and said the inviolability of UN premises must be respected by all.

This came after two Indonesian peacekeepers were injured on October 11 when Israeli tank fire hit a UNIFIL observation tower in Naqoura, Lebanon.The Israeli Defense Forces acknowledged operating in the area, noting Hezbollah’s presence near UN positions.

The Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement that appropriate measures must be taken to ensure the safety of UN peacekeepers and the sanctity of their mandate.

“We are concerned at the deteriorating security situation along the Blue Line. We continue to monitor the situation closely,” MEA said, commenting on the recent developments in southern Lebanon.

“Inviolability of UN premises must be respected by all, and appropriate measures taken to ensure the safety of UN peacekeepers and the sanctity of their mandate,” the statement added.

Earlier, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu alleged that the refusal to evacuate UNIFIL soldiers has effectively turned them into hostages of Hezbollah, the Iran-backed terrorist group operating in Lebanon.

Netanyahu also urged United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to withdraw UN peacekeeping forces from southern Lebanon, citing the danger posed to both ‘UNIFIL soldiers and Israeli troops’.

Earlier on Wednesday, UNIFIL said that its peacekeepers in position near Kafer Kela observed an IDF Merkava tank firing at their watchtower which destroyed two cameras and damaged the tower.

“Yet again we see direct and apparently deliberate fire on a UNIFIL position,” the mission said in a statement.

“We remind the IDF and all actors of their obligations to ensure the safety and security of UN personnel and property and to respect the inviolability of UN premises at all times,” it added.

UNIFIL was created by the Security Council in March 1978 following Israel’s “invasion” of Lebanon.

The UN peacekeeping mission UNIFIL has been operating along the “Blue Line” which separates Lebanon and Israel since the 1970s, and its mandate was renewed in August for another year by the UN Security Council. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

31 new libraries sign on to OCLC’s WorldShare Management Services platform
PPP chief Bilawal says PTI-led alliance 'conspiring' against Pakistan in name of 'rigging'
WTO | 2025 News items
Israel's Defence Minister meets with visiting Dutch counterpart
UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Award winning film 'All We Imagine As Light' to be released in India in November
Next Article "Next target is to win gold at LA 2028": Vivaan Kapoor after winning silver at ISSF World Cup Final

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?