• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > Sports > We deserved more: Skipper Cristiano Ronaldo after Portugal's exit at EURO 2024
Sports

We deserved more: Skipper Cristiano Ronaldo after Portugal's exit at EURO 2024

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

New Delhi [India], July 7 (ANI): After his side’s defeat against France in the quarter-final which led to their exit at the ongoing EURO 2024, Portugal skipper Cristiano Ronaldo said that they deserved more in the tournament.

Cristiano Ronaldo-led Portugal crashed out of the ongoing Euro 2024 after their disappointing loss against France. Portugal kept the game 0-0 until the full time of the match, but in the penalties, they failed to save a single shot from the French players and lost by 5-3.

Ronaldo took to his official X account and said that Portugal deserved more at the ongoing EURO 2024. He added his side is grateful for everything that the fans have given to them.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner said that Portugal’s legacy will honored and they will continue building it.

“We wanted more. We deserved more. For us. For each one of you. For Portugal. We are grateful for everything you have given us and for everything we have achieved so far. On and off the field, I am sure that this legacy will be honored and will continue to be built. Together,” Ronaldo wrote on X.

Queríamos mais. Merecíamos mais. Por nós. Por cada um de vocês. Por Portugal.

Somos gratos por tudo o que vocês nos deram e por tudo que conquistámos até aqui.

Dentro e fora de campo, tenho certeza de que este legado será honrado e continuará a ser construído. Juntos. pic.twitter.com/C34YgfKLmg

— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) July 6, 2024

The 2024 edition of the EURO Cup has been disheartening for Ronaldo since he failed to score a single goal in the tournament after playing all five matches. However, he kept just one assist.

Portugal dominated the quarter-final match against France in Hamburg. Ronaldo’s side kept a total of 60 per cent ball possession, on the other hand, France kept 40 per cent ball possession.

After both teams failed to score in the 120 minutes of the match, the game moved to penalties. Portugal’s Joao Felix was the only player to miss the penalty and pushed Roberto Martinez’s side to the back foot. Later in the match, the French side won the game 5-3 on penalties. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Nasser Hussain picks Indian star and ex-Pakistan skipper to have great 2024
"Archer's calibre is a huge asset to any team": Jos Buttler confirms star pacer's return to international cricket
Shubman Gill Stars as Gujarat Titans Defeat KKR in IPL 2026 Clash | Cliq Latest
Former Aston Villa goalkeeper Matija Sarkic dies at the age of 26
Jos Buttler, Adam Zampa give contrasting takes on Matthew Wade's non-dead ball incident

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Javed Akhtar responds to troll calling him 'Son of a Gaddar'
Next Article "Companies need to contribute to social security net of gig workers": Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?