• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > Velachery Trench Mishap: Two of four accused held, bodies of two recovered from 60-feet pit
National

Velachery Trench Mishap: Two of four accused held, bodies of two recovered from 60-feet pit

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

Chennai (Tamil Nadu) [India], December 8 (ANI): The Chennai police have arrested two of the four accused in the Velachery trench mishap, which occurred earlier this week in the Velachery area of Chennai, in which a generator room of an LPG bunk fell in a nearby construction pit leading to the death of two persons, said the police in a statement on Friday.

The police have named four persons including the owner of the company as the accused.

Meanwhile, the bodies of the two persons have also been recovered by the Chennai police, added the police.

According to the police, the incident took place on Monday at Five Furlung Road in Velachery under the Guindy police station limits, where a generator room of an LPG bunk fell in a nearby construction pit during the heavy rain triggered by Cyclone Michaung.

Three persons from the aforesaid gas bunk and an employee of the construction site were trapped in the above pit.

While the police managed to rescue two employees from the gas bunk on the same day, two other employees were trapped. However, on Tuesday, missing complaints of two persons identified as Jayaseelan and Naresh, were registered at J-3 Police Station in Chennai.

Meanwhile, earlier today, on the fifth day of the mishap, the bodies of the “missing” persons were recovered from the pit. Accordingly, Sivakumar (owner of the construction company), Ezhil (Site supervisor), Santosh (site supervisor), and Manikandan (manager), were named as accused.

Two persons including Ezhil and Santosh were nabbed, said the police.

Efforts are underway to nab the other two accused.

Meanwhile, a case has been registered against the named accused under the relevant sections of law.

Further details are awaited. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/velachery-trench-mishap-two-of-four-accused-held-bodies-of-two-recovered-from-60-feet-pit20231208225612

You Might Also Like

"Bengal government an expert in making fake voters ": Congress' Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
KTR slams Revanth Reddy for undermining law and silencing dissent in Telangana | CliqExplainer
"We will never forgive you": Owaisi slams NDA over Waqf Bill
UP SIR Final Voter List 2026 Release Signals Critical Electoral Milestone and Urgent Call for Voters to Verify Their Registration Details | Cliq Latest
Govt to take strict action against employees having links with terror

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article IDFC FIRST Bank and Mastercard Unveil the FIRST SWYP Credit Card – The Coolest Card for Today's Generation
Next Article 'Mission Start Ab' show on Indian start-ups to be out on this date

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?