• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > US: Donald Trump calls hush money trial "very unfair", vows to appeal conviction
International

US: Donald Trump calls hush money trial "very unfair", vows to appeal conviction

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
7 Min Read
SHARE

New York [US], May 31 (ANI): A day after being convicted on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records, former US President Donald Trump called the hush money trial “very unfair” and criticised Judge Juan Merchan, calling him “conflicted” in remarks after his conviction, CNN reported. He announced that his legal team would appeal the conviction and called the trial a “hoax.”

Speaking to reporters from Trump Tower in Manhattan, Trump said, “As far as the trial itself, it was very unfair. We weren’t allowed to use our election expert under any circumstances. You saw what happened to some of the witnesses that were on our side, they were literally crucified by this man.”

Slamming the judge, Trump said, “he looks like an angel, but he’s really a devil. He looks so nice and soft. No, unless you saw him in action. And you saw that with a certain witness that went through hell,” CNN reported.

Criticising the court verdict, he claimed, The people of our country know it’s a hoax, they know it’s a hoax, they get it.” He said, “You know, they’re really smart. And it’s really something, so we’re going to be appealing this scam,” ABC News reported.

He further said that he had been placed under a “gag order” where he had to pay thousands of dollars in penalties and was threatened with jail.

Trump said, “There’s never been a more conflicted judge.” He said, “Now, I’m under a gag order, which nobody has ever been under — no presidential candidates ever been under a gag order before. “

He said, “I’m under a gag order, nasty gag order, where I’ve had to pay thousands of dollars in penalties and was threatened with jail.”

Trump said there were “bad people” were behind his conviction and reiterated his claim that Judge Juan Merchan was “highly conflicted” in the case.

He said, “If they can do this to me, they can do this to anyone.”

Trump disputed the characterisation of his crime, saying that he had a legal expense, paying lawyer Michael Cohen and it was mentioned as a legal expense.

He said the bookkeeper “correctly marked it down in the books,” further adding that it was done “without any knowledge from me.” Donald Trump asked, “What else are you going to call it?,” CNN reported.

He said, “Falsifying business records — that sounds so bad, to me it sounds very bad.” “That’s a bad thing for me, I’ve never had that before,” he added.

Donald Trump criticised his former attorney and key witness Michael Cohen in his criminal hush money trial. However, he did not mention his name to avoid violating his gag order, according to CNN report.

Trump said, “This was a highly qualified lawyer.” He said, “Now I’m not allowed to use his name because of the gag order. But you know, he’s a sleazebag. Everybody knows that. Took me a while to find out, but he was effective.”

On Thursday, a Manhattan jury convicted Donald Trump on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in a case stemming from a New York hush money criminal trial that silenced a porn star, CNN reported. This verdict marks a historic moment as Trump becomes the first president in US history to be convicted of a felony.

Prosecutors levelled accusations against Trump, alleging his involvement in an illegal conspiracy aimed at undermining the integrity of the 2016 election and suppressing negative information. Central to the case was the concealment of a hush money payment made to an adult film star.

Following the jury’s decision, Trump vehemently denounced the trial, labelling it a “disgrace” and decrying it as “rigged.” “We didn’t do a thing wrong. I’m a very innocent man,” Trump asserted, expressing his dissatisfaction after leaving the courtroom.

Despite the guilty verdict, Trump maintained his innocence, positioning the upcoming general election as the true measure of public opinion on the matter.

“The real verdict is going to be on November 5 by the people,” he declared. Trump also directed criticism towards the Manhattan District Attorney and the Biden administration, baselessly claiming their influence over the case.

Trump also criticised the Manhattan District Attorney and the Biden administration, claiming their influence over the case.

In a separate statement, Trump’s legal team vowed to challenge the verdict, but Judge Juan Merchan denied Trump’s motion for an acquittal and scheduled a sentencing hearing for July 11.

The trial centred on allegations surrounding a hush-money scheme involving adult film actress Stormy Daniels. The jury found Trump guilty of falsifying business records in connection with this scheme, encompassing 34 felony counts.

Before the jury began deliberations, both the defence and prosecution delivered closing arguments, presenting contrasting narratives regarding the payment to Daniels and subsequent reimbursements to Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen. The credibility of Cohen emerged as a focal point during the trial.

Trump’s attorney, Todd Blanche, launched a vigorous attack on Cohen’s credibility, likening him to a prolific liar. Blanche sought to discredit Cohen’s testimony, particularly regarding a phone call with Trump on October 24, 2016. He argued that Cohen’s history of deception rendered his claims unreliable, according to CNN report.

Assistant District Attorney Joshua Steinglass countered Blanche’s arguments, asserting the validity of Cohen’s testimony and highlighting corroborating evidence. Steinglass emphasised the significance of testimony from individuals such as David Pecker, the former chief of American Media Inc. (AMI), in supporting Cohen’s version of events.

Throughout the trial, Steinglass meticulously guided jurors through the evidence, underscoring the consistency of the testimony and documentation presented. He emphasised the intricate dynamics between Cohen and Trump, characterising their communication as often cryptic and fast-paced. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Setback for France’s far-right as voters bar National Rally from power | CliqExplainer
Mortal remains of Kuwait fire tragedy victims arrive in Delhi
"Exchanged views on Indo-Pacific, Ukraine conflict…" Jaishankar on discussions with Lavrov
It only takes 15 minutes to change your health
Badhaai Ho!: Israel's Prime Minister Netanyahu congratulates PM Modi on being reelected for third consecutive term

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Karnataka govt hands over Valmiki Corp scam case to SIT
Next Article French Open: Matteo Arnaldi upsets Andrey Rublev in straight sets to reach fourth round

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?