• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Trump confirms receiving Iran's proposal to end war, says "not good enough"
International

Trump confirms receiving Iran's proposal to end war, says "not good enough"

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
6 Min Read
SHARE

Washington DC [US], April 6 (ANI): US President Donald Trump on Monday confirmed that his administration has received a proposal from Iran aimed at ending the ongoing conflict in West Asia, but described the offer as insufficient.

Speaking to reporters during the 2026 White House Easter Egg Roll, Trump acknowledged reviewing the proposal, noting that it was a “significant step”.

“I have seen every proposal you can imagine… They’ve made a proposal, and it’s a significant proposal — a significant step. It’s not good enough, but it is a very significant step. They are negotiating now, but it’s still a very significant step,” the US President said.

Trump said “Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon” and referred to his decision to withdraw from the 2015 nuclear agreement signed under the Obama administration, formally known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).

Trump claimed that had the United States “not broken the Barack Obama nuclear deal, Israel would have been gone, and the entire Middle East would be in big trouble.”

In stark language, Trump also spoke about the scale of US military actions in Iran if a deal is not reached, reiterating his warning of targeting Iran’s energy and civilian infrastructure.

“We are obliterating the country. I hate to say it but we are obliterating the country. They just don’t want to say ‘uncle’. They don’t want to cry, as the expression goes, ‘uncle’ — but they will. And if they don’t, they’ll have no bridges. They’ll have no power plants. They’ll have no anything,” the US President said.

Trump also stated that if he had the choice, he would have taken over Iran’s oil reserves under US control.

“If I had a choice, I would have taken the oil. It is there for the taking,” he added.

Iran earlier rejected a US-proposed ceasefire deal and instead unveiled its 10-point plan aimed at permanently ending the ongoing war, Iranian state news agency Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) reported.

According to IRNA, the plan, presented by Tehran, outlines comprehensive measures to resolve the conflict, including the cessation of regional hostilities, ensuring secure transit through the Strait of Hormuz, facilitating reconstruction efforts, and the lifting of international sanctions on the Islamic Republic.

Earlier in the day, Iran described the 15-point proposal from the US to end the conflict in West Asia and to open the strategic Strait of Hormuz as “excessively demanding”, stating that it has prepared its own set of demands to end hostilities, which have entered the second month now.

According to the Iranian Foreign Ministry, the US proposal — reportedly delivered through mediators — is too onerous and unrealistic for Tehran to accept.

The ministry, in a statement, noted that Tehran has now compiled and formalised its own demands, signalling that negotiations will proceed only if these conditions are met.

It also said that the possibility of a recent “pilot rescue in Isfahan” in central Iran being a deceptive operation aimed at seizing Tehran’s enriched uranium cannot be ignored.

Earlier on Sunday, US President Donald Trump stated that a high-risk rescue operation was conducted deep inside Iran to retrieve a US service member who was part of the crew for an F-15 fighter jet which was downed by the Islamic Republic last week.

The Iranian Foreign Ministry further cautioned that a ceasefire could simply offer the opposing side a chance to regroup and resume hostilities if underlying issues are not addressed.

“The US 15-point proposal is excessively demanding. We have compiled and formalised our own set of demands. The possibility that the ‘pilot rescue in Isfahan’ was a deceptive operation aimed at seizing Iran’s enriched uranium cannot be ignored. A ceasefire risks becoming an opportunity for the opposing side to regroup and continue its actions,” the Iranian Foreign Ministry said.

On the diplomatic front, Iran said talks with Oman are ongoing to establish protocols that would ensure the safe passage of vessels through the Strait of Hormuz.

On Sunday, the Foreign Ministry of Oman stated that the Sultanate and the Islamic Republic of Iran have initiated discussions on ensuring the smooth flow of maritime transit through the strategically significant Strait of Hormuz amid prevailing regional conflict.

According to a statement issued by the ministry on X, the two sides held a meeting on Saturday, April 4, at the level of deputy foreign ministers, with participation from specialists representing both countries. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

India Crush South Africa by 101 Runs as Hardik Pandya’s Brilliance and Ruthless Bowling Seal Record Win in Cuttack | CliQ Latest
Students launch protests against poor education infrastructure in PoGB
Pakistan: Imran Khan's interim bail extended in three cases
"Don't have any comment": White House mum on reports of Israeli strikes in Iran
Essential India, America work hand-in-hand together": US envoy Sergio Gor on New Delhi invited to join Pax Silica

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Georgia Tech experts available for Strait of Hormuz analysis and commentary
Next Article "If he continues batting like this, it will be difficult to keep him out of Indian team": Dinesh Karthik lauds Devdutt Padikkal

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?