• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > "This unfortunate crisis started a lot earlier": Canadian Security Expert on India-Canada tensions
International

"This unfortunate crisis started a lot earlier": Canadian Security Expert on India-Canada tensions

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
5 Min Read
SHARE

Ottawa [Canada], October 18 (ANI): Referring to the ongoing diplomatic spat between India and Canada, Canadian security expert Joe Adam George said this “unfortunate crisis” started much earlier than the expulsion of diplomats.

The ties between India and Canada soured after Trudeau alleged in the Canadian Parliament last year that he has “credible allegations” of India’s hand in the killing of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar.

India has denied all the allegations, calling them “absurd” and “motivated” and has accused Canada of giving space to extremist and anti-India elements in their country.

Speakin with ANI, George said, “This unfortunate crisis that we found ourselves today did not start on Monday…It started a lot earlier. It’s been several years since the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), which is equivalent of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and National Investigation Agency (NIA) in India, have been investigating a number of criminal activities here in Canada.”

“Along the way, they also came across threats to members of the South Asian community. As a result of the investigations, RCMP earlier this year, in February, decided to put together a multi-disciplinary team to investigate these crimes,” he added.

The Canadian security expert further asserted that during the investigations, the RCMP found Indian diplomats, including High Commissioner Sanjay Verma’s involvement in several activities.

“That’s when they decided to take this further forward It was during the course of these investigations that they found the alleged involvement of Indian diplomats, including the High Commissioner Mr Verma, in these activities. That’s when they decided to take this further forward and late last week, the deputy commissioner of the RCMP, Mark Flynn, attempted to meet with his Indian law enforcement counterparts. They refused to meet him. So what then transpired was Mr Flynn, along with Canada’s national security adviser and the deputy minister of foreign affairs, decided to meet with officials of the government of India.”

The differences between both nations escalated, with Canada labelling Sanjay Verma and other diplomats as “persons of interest” in the investigation of Nijjar’s death.

India on Monday expelled six Canadian diplomats hours after it summoned Canada’s Charge d’Affaires Stewart Wheeler and conveyed that the “baseless targeting” of the Indian High Commissioner and other diplomats and officials in Canada was completely unacceptable.

MEA said earlier that it was underlined to the Canada’s Charge d’Affaires that in an atmosphere of extremism and violence, the Trudeau Government’s actions endangered their safety and the government had decided to withdraw India’s High Commissioner to Canada Sanjay Kumar Verma and other targeted diplomats and officials.

On being asked about Canadian PM Trudeau’s testimony, George said, “Him admitting that he did not exactly share hard evidentiary proof with India at that time, at least, was rather interesting. It just goes to show that, the question is the rationale for having gone public with the accusation that India was behind the killing of Hardeep Singh Nijjar…We do not know, it’s unclear whether Canada has since shared more evidence with India. I think time will tell.”

Earlier on Wednesday, Trudeau had said that his government had not provided India with hard evidence but just intelligence regarding the killing of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar on Canadian soil.

Testifying at Canada’s foreign interference inquiry, Trudeau said India has been insisting on evidence over allegations levelled by Canada.

“Behind the scenes (were trying) India to co-operate with us. Their ask was…give us the evidence you have on us. Our response was it is within your security agency. You should be looking into how much they know, you should be engaging… ‘No, no but show us the evidence’. At that point, it was primarily intelligence, not hard evidentiary proof. So we said let’s work together…,” he said. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Human Rights Watch urges Bangladesh to stop "cycle of violence"
Israeli forces strike Hezbollah terrorists based in church
Columbia expels Argentina's diplomats after President Milei calls counterpart Petro 'terrorist murderer'
Indian Peacekeepers in Lebanon mark International Women's Day with Yoga session
Members stress importance of boosting LDCs’ participation in agricultural supply chains

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Supreme Court Secures IIT Admission for Dalit Student Using Article 142
Next Article 2nd Test: Spinners guide Pakistan to fist win at home since 2021 with thumping 152-run success over England

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?