• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > Entertainment > "The whole country will see..": Kanhaiya Lal's son Yash Sahu on I&B Ministry clearing 'Udaipur Files' for release
Entertainment

"The whole country will see..": Kanhaiya Lal's son Yash Sahu on I&B Ministry clearing 'Udaipur Files' for release

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Udaipur (Rajasthan) [India], August 6 (ANI): After the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) cleared the release of ‘Udaipur Files: Kanhaiya Lal Tailor Murder’, the son of Kanhaiya Lal, Yash Sahu, has expressed his happiness and said that now the entire nation will come to know the truth.

He said, “..On 8 August, the whole country will see what happened to my father. The pain of our family will be seen in how my father was killed… The whole country should watch this story… We have won the battle we were fighting… What is shown in this movie is against terrorism and not against any religion… My father’s case remains the same today as it was three years ago. His killers have not been punished yet… We don’t know how long it will take for us to get justice…”

Earlier today, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) dismissed all revision petitions challenging the certification of the controversial film ‘Udaipur Files: Kanhaiya Lal Tailor Murder’, thereby clearing the path for its public release. This decision follows weeks of legal disputes, multiple appeals, and widespread public attention stemming from the film’s alleged communal undertones and its depiction of matters still under judicial consideration.

In its final ruling issued on August 6, 2025, the Ministry affirmed several key findings. The Revisional Authority determined that the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) had followed due process and committed no procedural errors in granting certification. It noted that the filmmakers had complied with the 55 cuts required by the CBFC and had also carried out additional voluntary edits. Furthermore, the order highlighted that no new evidence or compelling arguments had been presented to warrant a reversal of the certification.

Invoking Section 6(2) of the Cinematograph Act, 1952, the Ministry concluded that there was no legitimate basis to suspend or alter the classification of the film. It underscored that all concerned parties had been provided a fair chance to present their views during the proceedings.

According to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, Section 6 allows the government to cancel the certification of a film by the Censor Board and suspend its exhibition.

On August 1, the Additional Solicitor General (ASG) informed the Delhi High Court that the Central Government has decided to withdraw its directive recommending six cuts in the film ‘Udaipur Files’. Noting the statement given by the Additional Solicitor General (ASG), the Delhi High Court disposed of two petitions seeking a stay on the release of the movie.

The film ‘Udaipur Files: Kanhaiya Lal Tailor Murder’ has been in headlines lately, since the Delhi High Court ordered a stay on its release on July 11. The film is based on the 2022 murder of Kanhaiya Lal, a tailor in Rajasthan’s Udaipur who was brutally killed by two men in broad daylight. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Ameesha Patel, Jatin Khurana, Angela starrer 'Tauba Tera Jalwa' new poster, release date out
Emma Stone praises Austin Butler's quick thinking during viral bee encounter at Cannes
'Kudos to agencies': Jackie Shroff lauds agencies for rescuing all 41 Shramik brothers trapped in Uttarkashi tunnel
70th National Film Awards: "Indian films, documentaries, short films are evolving," says Nila Madhab Panda
Salman Khan spotted at Mumbai airport, after recent security scare at his Panvel farmhouse

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Tamil Nadu: Sanitation workers' protest against privatisation enters sixth day; demand permanent employment
Next Article "Radically improve ease of doing business, unleash power of tourism as forex engine": Anand Mahindra's 2 strong steps to counter US tariffs

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?