• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > Tamil Nadu: Union Minister L Murugan demands NIA probe into petrol bomb attack
National

Tamil Nadu: Union Minister L Murugan demands NIA probe into petrol bomb attack

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Trichy (Tamil Nadu) [India], October 29 (ANI): Union Minister L Murugan on Saturday demanded a CBI or NIA Probe into the alleged petrol bomb attack outside Raj Bhawan in Tamil Nadu three days ago.

“Tamil Nadu Government should make law and order right and at the same time the raj Bhavan petrol bomb issue should not be taken casually. The investigation must be done who is behind the person(who allegedly threw the bomb)? Who made him to do so?” he told ANI in Trichy on Saturday.

“I have been asking from the first day that the CBI or NIA must investigate and probe this Raj Bhavan petrol bomb hurdle case, then only the full truth will come out,” he added.

The Tamil Nadu DGP, in an official statement, denied the charges made by the Raj Bhavan regarding yesterday’s petrol bomb attack near Raj Bhawan.

“Raj Bhavan’s statement that the petrol bomb exploded and that the petrol bombs were hurled by more than one person is totally contrary to the truth,” the DGP office said in an official statement.

Additional Commissioner of Police, Prem Anand Sinha on Wednesday said an unidentified person tried to throw some bottles of petrol outside Raj Bhavan near barricades.

He further said that the motive behind the attack is being determined.

“Around 3 pm, an unidentified person tried to throw some bottles of petrol outside Raj Bhavan near barricades. As soon as this was noticed by the security personnel present there, they surrounded him, confiscated other bottles from his hand and immediately handed him over to the patrol vehicle and took him to the police station,” ACP Sinha told ANI.

The person has been identified as history-sheeter K Vinod who is a habitual offender with 6-7 cases against him, as per police.

The Tamil Nadu Raj Bhavan on Thursday said the Chennai police did not register its complaint on the petrol bomb incident, and alleged a fair probe was ‘killed’ even before it began. Further, it alleged the police diluted the attack as an act of simple vandalism and did not take up detailed interrogation.

“Police did not register Raj Bhavan’s complaint on the attack. The police Suo Motu diluted the attack as an act of simple vandalism and in a hurry got arrested accused was remanded to jail at midnight waking up the magistrate and preventing detailed interrogation which could expose those behind the attack,” Tamil Nadu Raj Bhavan stated.”A fair investigation is killed before it begins,” Raj Bhavan added.

Earlier on Wednesday, Tamil Nadu BJP President K Annamalai alleged that the petrol bomb incident outside Raj Bhawan shows that the DMK government is “sponsoring” these attacks, adding that Chief Minister MK Stalin is adopting “diversification tactics.

“The DGP office also clarified its statement on the registration of complaint over the attack on the Governor’s convoy in April last year.

In April last year, a convoy of Governor RN Ravi in Mayiladuthurai was attacked. Referring to the letter of the Governor’s Aide-de-Camp, State DGP said “A statement by the governor’s office that the governor’s convoy was attacked in Mayiladuthirai and the complaint given by the governor’s office and it’s not filed, is against the truth. Actually, the governor’s convoy was not attacked but his follow-up vehicle was and a case was filed in that incident and 73 persons were arrested”. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/tamil-nadu-union-minister-l-murugan-demands-nia-probe-into-petrol-bomb-attack20231029012727

You Might Also Like

Fostering Issue-Centric and Ideological Politics: The Power of “One Nation, One Election” in India
BSF, Punjab Police recover drone from Punjab's Amritsar
Manish Sisodia’s Judicial Custody Extended in Excise Policy Case | BulletsIn
AAP holds meeting to discuss upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi, Haryana
Kerala: Devotees throng Sabarimala temple on occasion of Makaravilakku festival

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article PM Modi congratulates Indian contingent for historic performance in Para Asian Games
Next Article "Dade Pote di yaari": Dharmendra shares pic with Rajveer Deol

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?