• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Senior Israeli security leader accuses Knesset member of outing and slandering member of security services
International

Senior Israeli security leader accuses Knesset member of outing and slandering member of security services

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

Tel Aviv [Israel], January 25 (ANI/TPS): The head of the Shin Bet (Israel’s anti-terror General Security Service), Ronen Bar, sent a letter Wednesday evening to the Speaker of the Knesset, Chairman of Israel’s Security Council, the Attorney General and other officials condemning the conduct of Member of the Knesset Tally Gotliv (Likud) over comments she made earlier in the day, which he said were defamatory.

Bar said Gotliv posted on X “false details about events that supposedly took place before the outbreak of the war [in Gaza], including a delusional claim about acts committed by an employee of the General Security Service.”

The Tweet, he explained in the letter, included the name of the website where the claims were published. The website also identified the individual in questions and provided details about his family members.

Bar pointed out that Section 19 of Israel’s General Security Service Law states, among other things, that the identity of service employees, past or present, is confidential and its publication is prohibited.

“Knesset member Gotliv’s actions are a clear criminal act and on the face of it they also constitute a civil wrong, ” he said. “However, my appeal focuses on the harm to state security that was carried out knowingly and deliberately and the placing of a service worker and his family members at risk to their lives and well-being.”

Bar went on to charge that Gotliv’s actions led to a “diversion of attention and resources of the security forces in favour of defence and security efforts.”

Gotliv responded by posting on X, at the bar, “You have to understand you don’t scare me. Only the good of the people of Israel and the security of the country are before my eyes.”

She also released a copy of her own letter she sent to the Speaker of the Knesset in response. (ANI/TPS)

You Might Also Like

Daughter of South Africa’s ex-president Jacob Zuma engaged to Eswatini king | CliqExplainer
Enforced disappearances reported in Balochistan's Kech, two missing men returned home
US: Maine's top election official disqualifies Trump from 2024 Ballot
Quality of Care Declines After Private Equity Takes Over Hospitals
Israel: Three new transportation terminals planned for North

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article "Fortunate to be involved in four diverse projects": Vaani Kapoor on upcoming cinematic year
Next Article Trying to guide youngsters as much as possible: Dubai Capitals' Sikandar Raza

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?