• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Russian Defence Ministry alleges Kiev of launching UAVs during Easter ceasefire night
International

Russian Defence Ministry alleges Kiev of launching UAVs during Easter ceasefire night

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Moscow [Russia], April 20 (ANI): Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) shared on Sunday a statement by their Ministry of Defence (MoD) alleging Kiev of launching 48 UAVs.

As per the statement shared on X, Russia’s MFA, citing their MoD alleged Ukrainian troops of hitting Russian positions with guns and mortars 444 times.

It further noted that 900 quadcopter-type drone strikes were also carried out.

The MFA wrote on X, “Russia’s MoD: During the night of the #EasterCeasefire, the kiev regime launched 48 fixed-wing UAVs, including one over Crimea. Ukrainian troops hit Russian positions with guns and mortars 444 times, carried out 900 quadcopter-type drone strikes”.

⚡️ Russia’s MoD:

During the night of the #EasterCeasefire, the kiev regime launched 48 fixed-wing UAVs, including one over Crimea. Ukrainian troops hit Russian positions with guns and mortars 444 times, carried out 900 quadcopter-type drone strikeshttps://t.co/iz02zCdDnG pic.twitter.com/vw6pW1ifcv

— MFA Russia 🇷🇺 (@mfa_russia) April 20, 2025

In a statement attached along the post which referred to a statement by the MoD, it was noted, “In accordance with the order of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, all the Groups of Forces deployed in the special military operation zone have been strictly observing the state of ceasefire since 18:00 of 19 April remaining in previously taken positions”.

The statement by the Ministry of Defence said, “At night, despite the announcement of the Easter ceasefire, formations of the Armed Forces of Ukraine attempted to launch attacks against positions of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation near Sukhaya Balka and Bogatyr (Donetsk People’s Republic). The attacks were repelled.”

It further observed, “What is more, during the night, the enemy launched 48 fixed-wing UAVs, including one over Crimea. Ukrainian troops hit Russian positions with guns and mortars 444 times, carried out 900 quadcopter-type drone strikes, and dropped ammunition on border areas of Bryansk, Kursk, and Belgorod regions (12 fire attacks, 33 UAV strikes, and seven ammunition drops). As a result, enemy attacks caused deaths and injuries among the civilian population. The AFU damaged civilian facilities.”

This comes after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Sunday said that Russian forces have intensified their attacks on Easter Day, despite President Vladimir Putin’s announcement of a 30-hour ceasefire in observance of Easter.

Sharing the post on X on Sunday, Zelenskyy stated that Russian shelling and the use of kamikaze drones have increased; the most active Russian operations have been observed in the Pokrovsk and Siversk directions, and they have carried out 26 assaults between midnight and noon on Easter Day.

This is the second ceasefire to be announced since the conflict began in 2022. A previous attempt at a ceasefire during Orthodox Christmas in January 2023 failed after both sides were unable to agree on a proposal. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Ahead of polls, B'desh Foreign Minister optimistic about Sheikh Hasina securing another term, hails India's stance
EAM Jaishankar, Saudi FM discuss Pahalgam terrorist attack
‘The One Big Beautiful Bill’: How Trump’s 5% remittance tax plan could cost Indians billions | CliqExplainer
Indian envoy summoned by Bangladesh foreign ministry, says two countries share multi-faceted ties
Oman Holds Talks with UN Special Envoy for Yemen Amidst Escalating Regional Tensions

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Kareena Kapoor shares glimpse of her Easter fun; Don't miss her adorable 'bunny hat' look
Next Article Ayush Mhatre becomes youngest to represent Chennai Super Kings in IPL

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?