• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Pakistan: Human rights activist highlights failure of bodies formed by government on missing persons, calls it "eyewash"
International

Pakistan: Human rights activist highlights failure of bodies formed by government on missing persons, calls it "eyewash"

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
7 Min Read
SHARE

Karachi [Pakistan], June 15 (ANI): Human rights activist Mahrang Baloch of the Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) highlighted on Thursday the failure of all commissions and committees formed by the Pakistan government to look into the cases of missing persons and enforced disappearances and called such efforts ‘eyewash’, Pakistan-based Dawn reported.

While addressing a press conference at the Karachi Press Club, Mahrang Baloch noted that there is a huge difference in the number of missing persons given by the government and what they are reporting and termed it a complete collapse of law and order.

In response to a question during the press conference, Baloch said, “They are all eyewash. There is a huge difference in the numbers of missing persons given by the government and what we are reporting. There is a complete collapse of law and order when it comes to missing persons and enforced disappearances here.”

Mahrang Baloch said that the Baloch community has been living in a dire state for a long time and added that things have been getting from bad to worse for the people. The press conference was called to highlight the struggles of the Baloch community, according to Dawn report.

She said, “Things have been getting from bad to worse for the Baloch community. Last year, the Baloch Yakjehti Committee started a big campaign, where we marched from Turbat to Islamabad. In Islamabad we organised an extended sit-in and returning from there we also held a huge rally in Quetta.”

She stated that BYC, since its formation, has been working for the human rights and interests of the Baloch and stressed that they have remained peaceful throughout.

Mahrang Baloch said, “From the time of its formation, the BYC has been working for human rights and the interest of the Baloch. We have been peaceful throughout. We never behaved otherwise during our long march or our rallies. Then why are we being threatened and harassed? Our people are continuously being arrested under fake cases. We constantly face harsh treatment and torture at the hands of government agencies,” Dawn reported.

She announced that the BYC will continue its struggle despite so many wrongdoings against them, including torture, enforced disappearance and fake cases.

Baloch activist said, “So today, through this press conference, I want to make clear that despite so much wrongdoing against us, including torture, enforced disappearances, fake cases, threats, harassment, we will not back off from our work and our struggle. In fact, we have become stronger and will fight with more vigour and purpose for our cause.”

“We will carry on fighting for our rights. But in doing all this we will not forget that we are a responsible and aware movement. We are not playing politics here. Neither do we intend to do it in the future. Therefore, the state should stop pushing us into doing something that we do not intend to do,” she added.

She said that they have informed all local and foreign human rights defenders, committees and journalists about what they are facing. She further said, “So, we ask the state to also behave as responsibly as we are behaving and respect the law and the Constitution.”

Speaking about the protest that they are planning to hold in the coming days, Mahrang Baloch said, “We are preparing for a Baloch national protest, the Baloch Raji Muchi, for which we are also in the process of preparing a booklet. We ask people from all Baloch areas to join our movement for this planned march, details of which will be shared later.”

On being asked about the FIRs registered against BYC members, Baloch said that some 25 FIRs have been lodged against them, most of them have been registered in Balochistan, while some in Sindh and Karachi in particular, Dawn reported.

When asked about joining the government, Mahrang Baloch said that Baloch wanted to be part of democracy. She said, “Our parliament should be based on civil democracy but currently it is a hostage. It drowns voices instead of raising voices.”

Two brothers hailing from Barkhan were released and reunited with their families, following their abduction earlier this month, while three more persons have been allegedly forcibly disappeared from Turbat and Taunsa Sahrif areas of Pakistan’s Balochistan, The Balochistan Post reported on June 11.

Saeed Baloch and Hanif Baloch have returned home safely, The Balochistan Post reported. Hanif Baloch, a graduate with honours from the Department of Social Work at the Islamic University of Bahawalpur, was reportedly abducted on June 4 from his residence in Barkhan.

Soon after, his brother Saeed Baloch faced a similar fate, as he was allegedly detained by Pakistani forces, The Balochistan Post reported. These incidents led to protests by Baloch students.

On June 9, Baloch rights activist Mahrang Baloch, while highlighting the issue of forced disappearances of Baloch students, said that Hanif Baloch, from Bhawalpur University, was forcibly disappeared from Barkhan.

Taking to X, Mahrang Baloch had stated, “Forced disappearances of Baloch students have intensified. Gold medalist Hanif Baloch from Bhawalpur University has been forcibly disappeared from his native Barkhan while his brother Saeed Baloch, a student of Punjab University, has gone missing after being summoned from Lahore and illegally detained.”

“Enforced disappearances are playing the role of a cancer for the Baloch society, swallowing our whole society, no person, home and area is safe from it and it is a dangerous form of Baloch genocide. Staying silent at home against Baloch genocide is not an option, rather we can stop it only through public resistance struggle,” she added. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

UAE and Czech Republic discuss prospects of cooperation in Africa
When Employees Matter: How Employee Resource Groups and Workforce Liberalism Jointly Spur Firms to Support Pro-LGBTQ Legislation
PM Modi departs for state visit to Mauritius, to be Chief Guest at National Day celebrations
Israeli PM voices 'dissatisfaction' to Putin over UN vote in favour of Gaza ceasefire
Uyghur activists rally in Istanbul against Chinese oppression on Baren Revolution Anniversary

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Israeli Use of AI in Gaza Likely Reduces Civilian Casualties, Experts Suggest | CliqExplainer
Next Article "It has done wonders for the game back home…": Uganda skipper Masaba on T20 WC debut

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?