• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Pakistan: 31 killed, 169 injured in suicide bombing at Islamabad's Imambargah
International

Pakistan: 31 killed, 169 injured in suicide bombing at Islamabad's Imambargah

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Islamabad [Pakistan], February 6 (ANI): At least 31 people have died with 169 injured after a suicide bombing at an Imambargah in Islamabad during Friday prayers, according to a report by Dawn citing the authorities.

According to Dawn, the explosion occurred at the Imambargah Khadijah-tul-Kubra in the Tarlai area. It further noted that the Minister of State for Interior, Tallal Chaudhry, told the media in Islamabad that while the attacker was not an Afghan, authorities had been able to determine through forensic tests the number of times he had travelled to Afghanistan.

This comes after the Baloch Liberation Army claimed victory in Operation Herof II.

In a statement, BLA said, “Operation Herof II, carried out by the Baloch Liberation Army, was a six-day campaign of coordinated urban combat that stands as the most extensive, intense, and organized military engagement in the modern history of the Baloch national resistance. The operation commenced at 5:00 AM on January 31 and concluded at 4:00 PM on February 6, having successfully achieved its strategic objectives. Fourteen cities across Balochistan were targeted. Baloch fighters launched simultaneous attacks and established effective control over numerous enemy posts, military installations, and urban sectors. In several cities, BLA units maintained uninterrupted dominance over occupying forces for six consecutive days, causing significant political, psychological, and military damage to the enemy.”

The statement noted that 93 BLA fighters were killed during the operation. “These included 50 fidaeen from the Majeed Brigade, 26 fighters from the Fateh Squad, and 17 from the Special Tactical Operations Squad (STOS). All major BLA units participated in the operation, including Majeed Brigade, STOS, Fateh Squad, ZIRAB (intelligence wing), and Hakkal (media wing). Over 362 enemy personnel were killed, including members of the Pakistani Army, Frontier Corps, police, and state-sponsored death squads. Seventeen enemy soldiers were captured. Ten, identified as Baloch, were released with warnings, while seven remain in BLA custody and will face trial for war crimes and acts of genocide. Dozens of military facilities were destroyed, weapons stockpiles were seized, and the unified, disciplined resistance delivered a substantial blow to the military superiority of the occupying state.”

The statement said that all tactical and strategic goals of Herof II had been accomplished.

“The operation pursued three primary objectives: to demonstrate the capability of Baloch fighters to strike and control urban centers at will, to reaffirm to the Baloch nation that this resistance is rooted in collective strength and organizational discipline, and to dismantle the illusion of unchecked authority that the occupying forces have attempted to project across Balochistan.”

“Efforts by the Pakistani state to equate our struggle with terrorism or religious extremism are part of a calculated strategy to distort the truth of a political movement. The Baloch armed resistance is not driven by racist ideology or foreign funding. It is led by educated students, professors, lawyers, doctors, engineers, and intellectuals. Men and women from all walks of Baloch society are part of it. The foundation of this movement is a vision for an independent Baloch homeland where freedom, education, healthcare, dignity, and control over resources are guaranteed rights for every citizen, not privileges for a select few”, the statement added.

The statement by spokesperson Jeeyand Baloch urged international human rights organisations to acknowledge the scale of atrocities being committed by occupying forces in Balochistan. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Kazakhstan marks 33rd Independence Day: 'Kazakhstan: Born Bold' campaign emphasises future ambitions
Tanzania: 22 people die after landslide at mine in Simiyu's Bariadi
Unjust, unfair: Taliban on Pakistan's decision to expel Afghan refugees by October 31
Hungarian Defense Minister reaffirms 'unwavering solidarity with Israel'
Russia launches Iranian satellites into orbit as Moscow-Tehran ties strengthen | CliqExplainer

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article "Both have beautiful rivalry": Suniel Shetty wishes to watch India-Pakistan match at T20 WC 2026
Next Article Mohammed Siraj replaces Harshit Rana in India's T20 World Cup squad as latter ruled out due to injury

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?