• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > "One who organizes 'Satsang' responsible…", says Ram Mandi chief priest on Hathras stampede
National

"One who organizes 'Satsang' responsible…", says Ram Mandi chief priest on Hathras stampede

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh) [India], July 6 (ANI): In context of the stampede during a ‘Satsang’ event in Hathras earlier this week, the Chief priest of the Ayodhya Ram Temple on Saturday said that organisers of such events should also take the responsibility.

Earlier today, self-styled godman, Suraj Pal Singh or “Bhole Baba” in a video statement, his first since the July mishap in Fulari village in which 121 people died, expressed his grief and condoled the deaths.

Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Chief Priest, Acharya Satyendra Das said, “He went underground after the incident. Now he is saying that he is saddened by the tragic incident. This is completely wrong.”

“The one who organizes a ‘Satsang’ is responsible for the incidents that take place during that time. It was his responsibility. He should step forward and accept his crime,” Acharya Das said.

In his video statement, Suraj Pal who also goes by the name of Narayan Sakar Hari and ‘Bhole Baba’ said, “I am deeply saddened by the incident of July 2. May God give us the strength to bear this pain. Please keep faith in the government and the administration. I have faith that those who created the chaos will not be spared. Through my lawyer AP Singh, I have requested the members of the committee to stand with the bereaved families and the injured and help them throughout their lives.”

As per the police FIR, around 250,000 people had gathered despite permission being given for only 80,000.

Meanwhile, the main accused, identified as Devprakash Madhukar surrendered in front of the Special Investigation Team (SIT), Special Task Force (STF), and Uttar Pradesh police, his Advocate AP Singh said in a video statement on Friday.

Advocate AP Singh said, “Dev Prakash Madhukar who was named in the FIR in the Hathras case, was said to be the main organizer has surrendered in front of SIT, STF, and Police. We have handed him over to the SIT and the Uttar Pradesh Police. Now a thorough investigation can be done…His health should be taken care of, he is a heart patient and nothing wrong should happen to him…”

“It was my promise that we will not use any anticipatory bail, will not file any application and will not go to any court, because what have we done? What is our crime? We told you that we would surrender Dev Prakash Madhukar, take him in front of the police, interrogate him, participate in the investigation, and take part in the inquiry,” the lawyer said.

However, no such information has been received from the police yet.

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adidyanath announced financial assistance of Rs 2 lakh for the families of the victims who lost their lives, along with Rs 50,000 for the people who got injured there.

As per the prima facie report, the stampede took place when devotees rushed to seek blessings and collect soil from around the preacher’s feet, but were stopped from doing so by his security personnel. They then started pushing one another due to which several people fell triggering chaos at the site. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/one-who-organizes-satsang-responsible-says-ram-mandi-chief-priest-on-hathras-stampede20240706125718

You Might Also Like

Rajasthan: Congress suspends ex-MLA, ex-state unit secretary for anti-party activities
Engineer rashid released ahead of J&K elections- Political strategy or legal justice?
Army Chief gets one-month extension, successor to be appointed by new government
Uttarakhand CM Dhami directs officials to select two rivers in state for its revival
Sports stars across the globe and in India share festive Christmas celebrations with family and fans, spreading holiday cheer | cliQ Latest

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Gujarat leads with USD 7.3 billion FDI, sees 55 pc increase in FY 2023-24
Next Article Documentary on 'RRR' director SS Rajamouli to release on this date

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?