• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > N Korea says will launch next satellite into space; Japan, China, S Korea call for denuclearisation
International

N Korea says will launch next satellite into space; Japan, China, S Korea call for denuclearisation

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Tokyo [Japan], May 27 (ANI): North Korea has notified Japan of its plans to launch a satellite-carrying rocket before June 4, the Japanese government announced Monday, according to a report by Kyodo news agency citing the country’s coastguard.

The development that came ahead of today’s trilateral meeting in Seoul, involving leaders of South Korea, China and Japan- the first such summit in over four years.

During a joint press conference with South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol and China’s Premier Li Qiang following the meeting in Seoul, Japan’s Prime Minister Fumion Kishida emphasised on the importance of North Korean denuclearization and said that the stability of the Korean Peninsula is in the “common interest” of the three Asian countries.

North Korea notified Japan about the satellite launch stating that the three “danger zones” where rocket debris may fall — two west of the Korean Peninsula and the other to the east of the Philippines’ island of Luzon, the Japan Coast Guard said.

At the outset of the trilateral summit, Kishida urged North Korea to cancel its planned satellite launch, with Yoon, the chair of the meeting, saying it would endanger regional and global peace and stability, Kyodo reported.

At the press announcement, Chinese Premier Li, who took office in March 2023, called for a “political settlement” of issues relating to North Korea through dialogue.

Kyodo reported that officials from Japan, the United States and South Korea confirmed during phone talks that they will urge North Korea to cancel the plan as any launch of a projectile using ballistic missile technology constitutes a violation of UN Security Council resolutions that ban any launch using ballistic missile technology, according to the Japanese Foreign Ministry.

North Korea’s launch of a military reconnaissance satellite utilizing (intercontinental ballistic missile) technology is imminent,” a senior presidential official said on Sunday as reported by Yonhap. “Given the possibility that various other missile provocations could accompany this, the government will maintain firm military readiness during and after the Korea-Japan-China summit,” the official said.

In November last year, North Korea said it placed its first military spy satellite into orbit and vowed to launch three more spy satellites this year.

Meanwhile, South Korea successfully launched its second indigenous spy satellite on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Kennedy Space Centre in Florida, US. Yonhap News Agency reported on April 8 citing their defence ministry.

It is the second military satellite launched under South Korea’s plan to acquire five spy satellites by 2025 to monitor North Korea in a better way, Yonhap reported.

Earlier on May 17, South Korea’s military said that North Korea had fired a ballistic missile towards the sea off its east coast. Yonhap reported that said the launch came after the North fired 600-mm super-large shells, considered to be short-range ballistic missiles, toward the East Sea on April 22.

In April this year, North Korea reportedly conducted a tactical drill simulating a nuclear counterattack, featuring super-large multiple rocket launchers.

Leader Kim Jong-un guided the drill to operate super-large multiple rocket units that will have an “important role in substantially strengthening the prompt counterattack capacity of the state nuclear force,” Yonhap had quoted the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) as saying. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

France: Paris Holocaust memorial vandalized with 'blood-red hands'
Latest News on Trending Topics Across the World
US and UK Launch Strikes on Houthi Targets in Yemen Amidst Rising Tensions
EAM Jaishankar calls on President of Kenya, William Samoei Ruto
Trump Officials Defy Court Order on Deportations: Could This Lead to Criminal Contempt Charges? | CliqExplainer

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Karan Johar announces 'Dhadak 2' starring Siddhant Chaturvedi, Triptii Dimri
Next Article Venkatesh Iyer: Kolkata Knight Riders' 'Clutch Chief' in knockout stages

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?