• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > MP: Bhopal gas tragedy site's toxic unloaded at Pithampur factory, no sign of incinerating
National

MP: Bhopal gas tragedy site's toxic unloaded at Pithampur factory, no sign of incinerating

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Dhar (Madhya Pradesh) [India], February 14 (ANI): Toxic waste from the Bhopal gas tragedy site was finally unloaded at the Pithampur factory in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday, but there’s no indication of when the incineration process will begin, an official said.

The 12 containers filled with toxic waste were transported to Pithampur on January 1, marking a significant step towards disposing of the hazardous materials that have been lingering for four decades.

The Bhopal gas tragedy considered the world’s worst industrial disaster, occurred on the night of December 2-3, 1984, when deadly gas leaked from the Union Carbide India Limited pesticide plant, claiming thousands of lives.

Four decades after a tragic incident, the toxic waste materials from Bhopal’s Union Carbide factory site were transported to Pithampur for safe disposal on the night of January 1. Since then, the trucks carrying containers have been parked at the factory site in Pithampur. Those containers were only unloaded from the trucks in the presence of local public representatives on Thursday.

The District administration released a video to share the information in which Pithampur Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Pramod Singh Gurjar said, “Today, we along with the local public representatives have come here at the disposal factory site and as it was said in the previous meetings that these containers have to be unloaded from the trucks because it was lying for a long time. It does not mean that the incineration of waste will begin. Such info is completely baseless and one should not spread any misinformation among the public.”

“The containers are only being unloaded from the truck and no other action is being followed. All the local public representatives are present on the spot and the activity is being done under their supervision,” he added.

Earlier, on January 6, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Mohan Yadav assured that the state government is committed to following the High Court’s directions for disposing of the toxic waste. The government transported the waste to Pithampur, the only center equipped to process chemicals containing harmful elements using scientific methods.

CM told ANI, “Based on the various directions of the Supreme Court and the High Court for the disposal of Union carbide factory site’s toxic waste, we transported it to Pithampur as it is the only centre where all types of chemicals containing harmful elements are processed by scientific methods. We put our side before the High Court again, as I announced earlier that we would ask for time from the court for all these things until we take all the people into confidence. I am satisfied that the High Court has accepted it and has given a time of six weeks for it.”

“In the meantime, all the parties and if anyone else wants to keep their side then they can present it before the court and the state government would follow the decision of the court,” the CM said.

Naman Nagrath, advocate for petitioners, said that the state government sought time of six weeks to follow the order dated Dec 3, on which the High Court granted that time to the government.

“The next hearing into the matter is scheduled on February 18,” he added. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/mp-bhopal-gas-tragedy-sites-toxic-unloaded-at-pithampur-factory-no-sign-of-incinerating20250214005239

You Might Also Like

Jagdeep Dhankhar was rewarded with Vice President post for continuously opposing WB govt: Abhishek Banerjee
Tripura's child rights body intensifies efforts to prevent child marriages
Uttar Pradesh: 3 dead, 1 critically injured after car rams into mini truck in Bareilly
Rahul Gandhi reflects on spirituality, leadership, and Bharat Jodo Yatra during US visit | CliqExplainer
Tripura CM Saha inspects flood relief efforts, visits affected areas, relief camps in Agartala

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Union Minister Hardeep Puri announces key energy deals at India Energy Week 2025
Next Article Live-action 'How to Train Your Dragon' drops first trailer

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?