• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > National > "Massive rescue operation underway at SLBC tunnel": Telangana Minister Uttam Kumar Reddy
National

"Massive rescue operation underway at SLBC tunnel": Telangana Minister Uttam Kumar Reddy

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
6 Min Read
SHARE

Nagarkurnool (Telangana) [India], February 27 (ANI): A multi-agency rescue operation is in full swing at the SLBC (Srisailam Left Bank Canal) tunnel in Domalapenta in Nagarkurnool district of Telangana to save the trapped workers.

Irrigation Minister Uttam Kumar Reddy assured that the rescue and relief operations would be completed within two to three days, and the tunnel works would resume in two to three months.

Speaking to media persons at the SLBC tunnel accident site near Domalapenta in Nagarkurnool district on Thursday, Uttam Kumar Reddy described the incident as one of the most complicated and complex tunnel accidents in Indian history, stating that for the first time, so many national and international agencies have been brought together under a unified command for the rescue mission. Eleven top agencies specialising in tunnel disasters are leading the operation, working with unmatched coordination and expertise.

The minister said that the rescue teams were working round the clock, using the most advanced technology and equipment to safely extract the trapped workers. Plasma cutters, high-grade shutters, and debris removal machinery were being used at the site, while international experts were overseeing the strategy. Tunnel boring machines and dewatering processes had been reactivated to clear obstructions, he said.

“This is an extremely challenging operation, and the best experts in the field are involved. They are working selflessly, risking their own lives to complete this rescue,” Uttam Kumar Reddy said. He added that precautionary restrictions had been imposed at the site to ensure the safety of both workers and rescuers.

Uttam Kumar Reddy strongly condemned BRS leaders, especially Harish Rao, for his criticism of the rescue operations. He blamed the previous BRS regime for the tunnel accident, stating that it neglected the SLBC project for a decade. He accused them of abandoning the work and failing to complete the project, which, if finished on time, would have provided 30 TMC of water to Telangana, benefiting three to four lakh acres of agricultural land in Nalgonda.

“The BRS leaders left this project incomplete. If they had worked efficiently, this project would have been finished long ago, and Telangana farmers would have had enough water,” he said.

He also slammed Harish Rao, saying his advice is not needed, as professionals with expertise 1,000 times higher than him were handling the situation. “Does he think he knows more than the top tunnel engineers? Is he trying to insult the Indian Army, Navy commandos, BRO teams and other experts who are risking their lives in this rescue?” he questioned.

The minister dismissed the BRS leaders’ visit to the accident site as mere political theatrics. “They came here to stage a drama and left after putting on a show,” he said.

Uttam Kumar Reddy pointed out that during the Srisailam Left Bank Power Station blast, where nine workers lost their lives, no BRS leader even visited the site. He recalled that when Revanth Reddy tried to visit the victims, he was arrested and taken to a police station. Similarly, in the Devadula project, where seven workers died, their remains were recovered only after five years.

He questioned why Harish Rao never spoke about these incidents when they happened under the BRS regime, but is now giving lectures on the SLBC tunnel accident.

The minister further accused KCR and Harish Rao of crippling the irrigation sector by spending Rs 1.81 lakh crore on projects that never provided water. He alleged that the Palamuru-Rangareddy project cost Rs 27,500 crore, yet not a single acre received water. He also pointed out that the Kaleshwaram project, which they proudly built, collapsed, and now they have the audacity to question the Congress government.

“They should have some shame before speaking. They did not complete SLBC, Devadula, Sitarama, or Palamuru Rangareddy projects, and now they are pretending to care,” he said.

Uttam Kumar Reddy also questioned former minister Jagadish Reddy, asking why he did nothing when the power supply to SLBC was cut, which halted the dewatering process and stalled the project.

He also accused BRS leaders of colluding with the then Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy, alleging that while they indulged in feasts and entertainment at Pragathi Bhavan, Jagan was busy diverting Krishna River water to Andhra Pradesh. He said that BRS leaders prioritised their personal ties over Telangana’s irrigation interests and failed to protect the state’s water resources.

He assured that the Congress government is working transparently and is fully committed to completing the SLBC project. He emphasized that, unlike the previous government, they are not sitting in farmhouses or looting public money.

“I am a pilot. I have flown several fighter jets. I do not fly helicopters for luxury like BRS leaders,” he remarked, responding to allegations about his travel.

He reiterated that the rescue operation is being conducted with full dedication, and after the workers are safely rescued, the government will ensure that tunnel works resume in the next two-three months and are completed within the stipulated time. (ANI)

, https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/massive-rescue-operation-underway-at-slbc-tunnel-telangana-minister-uttam-kumar-reddy20250227231851

You Might Also Like

Heavy snowfall hits J&K’s Doda and Rajouri after prolonged dry spell, traffic disrupted and avalanche alert issued | CliqExplainer
"A historic moment…": Minorities, preachers and multi-faith leaders hold prayer for PM Modi
Rajasthan budget to be presented Wednesday, says Dy CM Diya Kumari
Amit Shah holds late-night meeting with Maharashtra CM, DyCM on Lok Sabha seat-sharing
Amit Shah directs to ensure no further violence in Manipur, states to increase forces if required

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Excellency Iconic Awards 2025: Hosted by Three Fingers Entertainment with Isha Koppikar and Dino Morea
Next Article "Slow down, you crazy child": Ayushmann pens note to 'younger self' as 'Dum Laga Ke Haisha' turns 10

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?