• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > Sports > "It was a nice little quiet shush": David Warner on his statement century, celebration
Sports

"It was a nice little quiet shush": David Warner on his statement century, celebration

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
5 Min Read
SHARE

New Delhi [India], December 14 (ANI): Australia’s star opener David Warner opened up on his trademark celebration after slamming a century against Pakistan on Day 1 of the opening Test match at the Perth Stadium on Thursday.

Warner hushed all doubters about his form in Test cricket on the opening day of the first Test against Pakistan, slamming a typically explosive 164 off 211 balls in a spectacular start to his farewell series.

https://twitter.com/cricketcomau/status/1735193502353342575

After making ‘shush’ gesture following his Test century on the first day of the first Test against Pakistan at Perth Stadium, Warner says Mitchell Johnson is entitled to his opinion and that he is free to celebrate how he likes.

Earlier in the month in an editorial published in the West Australian, the former speedster Johnson questioned why Warner had the authority to choose his retirement date despite his terrible form with the bat in Tests and accusing him of not owning up to his role in the ball-tampering scandal.

When asked about the celebration, the left-hander claimed it was a ‘good little shush’ and that he didn’t feel any pressure before stepping out to bat.

“You saw what it was. It was a nice little quiet shush. It’s just anyone who wants to write stories about me and trying to use headlines, get headlines, that stuff doesn’t bother me. It’s just the fact that I have to go out there and do what I have to do. And I’m allowed to celebrate how I want,” Warner said post-play as quoted by ESPNcricinfo.

Warner was questioned further on whether he would try to restore his fractured friendship with Johnson, despite having shared a World Cup and Ashes victory with him. However, the opening player alluded to comments made by former Australia coach Justin Langer, who wrote in his West Australian weekly column that Johnson should have “praised in public and criticised in private.”

“Mitch is entitled to his opinion. He’s a former player. You saw Justin Langer’s comments. He said he’s entitled to it. You can go back to Justin Langer’s comments and refer to them and so be it,” Warner said.

In 20 Tests from 2022-23, Warner has scored 936 runs in 36 innings at an average of 26.74, with just one century and four half-centuries. This is in stark contrast with the opener’s white-ball form, which has been consistent in the 2020s as well.

Warner believes that his amazing run of form in the ODI World Cup and return to form in Test cricket in Perth had nothing to do with mechanical adjustments. Instead, he argued that it corresponded with things cooling down behind the scenes following the uproar over his captaincy ban appeal with Cricket Australia last summer.

“There’s been a lot of stuff off the field that’s not really distracted me from a personal point of view. We had a lot of stuff with CA last year and the captaincy stuff and I was going through a pretty, pretty hard time off the field from all that and dealing with it,” the left-handed batter stated.

“This year we’ve had a great successful 12 months as a team. We’re all so pleased with our achievements, but we’ve still got work to do this summer. I think, where I am in my part of my career it’s been great. I’ve not really had much to worry about. People make comments but you get on with it and you’ve got to go out there and score runs. Today I did that but as a team, we had a few starts and I know a lot of other guys would like to go on. But I think we’re in a pretty good position on that [pitch]. I think where we finished today is probably around par minus probably another wicket,” the veteran opener said.

Coming to the opening Test, Warner kicked off his Test swansong in style with a belligerent century, putting the hosts in a commanding position at 346/5 at the stumps on the first day of the opening Test against Pakistan in Perth on Thursday. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

World Cup: South Africa's Kagiso Rabada completes 150 ODI wickets
3rd ODI: Mandhana's record ton goes in vain as India suffers 2-1 series defeat against Australia
Mbappe unveiled as Real Madrid player in front of packed home crowd, calls signing "dream come true"
Swiss Open 2024: PV Sindhu crashes out after losing in pre-quarterfinals
"Tiger kaun?": Shaheen Afridi forgets Bangladesh's popular nickname leading to hilarious moment

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Sharjah Ruler inaugurates 11th SCC legislative chapter
Next Article Parliament security breach mastermind Lalit Jha fled to Rajasthan: Delhi Police

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?