• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Israel's offensive on Hezbollah puts ceasefire in danger, Iran blocks Hormuz again
International

Israel's offensive on Hezbollah puts ceasefire in danger, Iran blocks Hormuz again

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
6 Min Read
SHARE

Tehran [Iran], April 8 (ANI): The fragile ceasefire in West Asia between the US and Iran to halt the hostilities in the region for two weeks faces renewed uncertainty as Tehran reportedly moved to block the strategic Strait of Hormuz once again due to Israel’s intensified offensive against Hezbollah in Lebanon, according to Iranian state media Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA), which US President Trump says was “not included” as part of the ceasefire deal.

As reported by IRNA, Iran has halted the passage of oil tankers through the strategic waterway following Israeli strikes on Lebanon, raising fresh concerns over global energy supply routes.

Despite the ceasefire agreement announced by Trump on Tuesday, Israel has continued its military operations in Lebanon.

According to Al Jazeera, citing Lebanon’s Health Ministry, at least 89 people have been killed and over 800 injured in Israeli attacks across the country on Wednesday.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) also confirmed that the strikes were part of a major coordinated operation targeting Hezbollah infrastructure.

In a statement shared on Telegram, the IDF said it carried out its largest coordinated strike since the start of Operation “Roaring Lion”, hitting more than 100 Hezbollah command centres and military sites across Beirut, the Beqaa Valley and southern Lebanon.

IDF Chief of the General Staff, Lt Gen Eyal Zamir, said, “We will continue striking the Hezbollah terror organisation and will utilise every operational opportunity. We will not compromise the security of the residents of northern Israel. We will continue to strike with determination.”

According to the IDF, the targets included intelligence command centres, headquarters used for planning attacks, and infrastructure linked to Hezbollah’s missile and naval capabilities, as well as assets of its elite Radwan Force and aerial units. The military said the operation was based on precise intelligence and had been planned over several weeks.

The IDF further alleged that much of the targeted infrastructure was located within civilian areas, accusing Hezbollah of using civilians as human shields. It added that measures were taken to minimise harm to non-combatants.

The escalation comes as tensions remain high in the region, with the ceasefire agreement not covering Hezbollah, leaving the Israel-Lebanon front active and raising fears of a broader conflict.

Meanwhile, Trump, earlier today, backed Israel’s ongoing military operation in Lebanon, stating that Hezbollah “was not included” in the recent ceasefire deal between Washington and Tehran, which halted the conflict in West Asia for two weeks.

Speaking to PBS News, when asked about Lebanon still being targeted despite the ceasefire announcement, Trump said, “Yeah, they were not included in the deal.”

When pressed on why Israeli military action in Lebanon was excluded from the deal, Trump replied, “Because of Hezbollah. They were not included in the deal. That’ll get taken care of too. It’s alright.”

Asked if he was okay with Israeli forces continuing strikes in Lebanon, Trump told PBS News, “It’s part of the deal – everyone knows that. That’s a separate skirmish.”

Earlier, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated that the Israelis will continue their offensive in South Lebanon aimed at neutralising the threat from Hezbollah, despite backing the US decision to suspend strikes against Iran as the two nations look to work out a lasting peace formula.

“Israel supports President Trump’s decision to suspend strikes against Iran for two weeks, subject to Iran immediately opening the straits and stopping all attacks on the US, Israel and countries in the region. Israel also supports the US effort to ensure that Iran no longer poses a nuclear, missile and terror threat to America, Israel, Iran’s Arab neighbours and the world,” a statement from Netanyahu’s Office read.

“The United States has told Israel that it is committed to achieving these goals, shared by the US, Israel and Israel’s regional allies, in the upcoming negotiations. The two-weeks ceasefire does not include Lebanon,” the statement added.

This comes after Trump suspended the “bombing and attack” campaign on Iran, announcing a two-week double-sided ceasefire and saying that the 10-point proposal from Iran was workable.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump said that the ten-point proposal will serve as ground to negotiate for a permanent deal while reiterating that the US has achieved most of its military objectives.

“Based on conversations with Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Field Marshal Asim Munir, of Pakistan, and wherein they requested that I hold off the destructive force being sent tonight to Iran, and subject to the Islamic Republic of Iran agreeing to the COMPLETE, IMMEDIATE, and SAFE OPENING of the Strait of Hormuz, I agree to suspend the bombing and attack of Iran for a period of two weeks. This will be a double-sided CEASEFIRE!” Trump said.

“The reason for doing so is that we have already met and exceeded all Military objectives, and are very far along with a definitive Agreement concerning Long-term PEACE with Iran, and PEACE in the Middle East. We received a 10-point proposal from Iran, and believe it is a workable basis on which to negotiate,” he added. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

Hotel tycoon Ho Kwon Ping warns successful people against hubris: ‘Never get caught by overconfidence’ | CliqExplainer
WTO | 2025 News items
PM Modi holds bilateral talks with Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina
Hamas Operations Head Muhammad Shaheen killed in IDF strike in Lebanon
Pak: 4 security personnel, 2 PTI supporter dead as protest take violent turn in Islamabad

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article BJP Senior Leader Nawab Singh Nagar Congratulates Daughters of Manveer Nagar on PCS Success
Next Article Indian surfing rides into history with season opener in Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?