• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > International humanitarian law not an a la carte menu, cannot be applied selectively: UN Chief
International

International humanitarian law not an a la carte menu, cannot be applied selectively: UN Chief

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Kathmandu [Nepal], November 1 (ANI): United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Tuesday said that he is “deeply alarmed” by the intensification of the conflict between Israel and Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups in Gaza. He asserted that “international humanitarian law is not an a la carte menu and cannot be applied selectively.”

“International humanitarian law establishes clear rules that cannot be ignored. It is not an a la carte menu and cannot be applied selectively. All parties must abide by it, including the principles of distinction, proportionality, and precaution,” Guterres said in a statement.

He reiterated his call for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire and humanitarian access to be granted consistently to meet the urgent needs created by the catastrophe unfolding in Gaza. Guterres urged all leaders to exercise the utmost restraint to avoid a “wider conflagration.”

He noted that people have borne the brunt of the current fighting from the outset. He called the protection of civilians on both sides “paramount” and stressed that it must be respected at all times.

“I am deeply alarmed by the intensification of the conflict between Israel and Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups in Gaza. This includes the expansion of ground operations by the Israel Defense Forces, accompanied by intense air strikes, and the continued rocket fire towards Israel from Gaza,” Guterres said in a statement.

He condemned Hamas’s terror attacks on Israel on October 7. He called for the immediate and unconditional release of those civilians held hostage by Hamas. He condemned the killing of civilians in Gaza and stated that he is “dismayed” by reports that two-thirds of those who have been killed are women and children.

Guterres expressed concern over the level of humanitarian assistance that has been allowed into Gaza up to this point, describing it as “completely inadequate” and not commensurate with the needs of people in Gaza, compounding the humanitarian tragedy.” He mourned and honoured the UN colleagues who had been killed in the bombardment of Gaza.

Taking to X, Guterres stated, “I am deeply alarmed by the intensification of the conflict between Israel and Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups in Gaza. With too many Israeli and Palestinian lives already lost, this escalation only increases the immense suffering of civilians.”

Amid the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said ground troops took control of a Hamas “military stronghold” in the northern region of the Gaza Strip and killed some 50 terrorists during operations on Tuesday, The Times of Israel reported.

According to the IDF, infantry forces and tanks, led by the Givati Brigade, seized the compound in western Jabaliya. The IDF said that the compound was used by Hamas’s Jabaliya Battalion. According to the IDF, the complex includes tunnels, rocket launch positions and weapon storage sites, The Times of Israel reported.

The IDF said soldiers clashed with Hamas in the compound, killing “numerous” terrorists, according to The Times of Israel report. Furthermore, the Israeli Air Force struck sites and other operatives in the area. After taking control of the site, soldiers located and destroyed the entrances to tunnels and weapons. The Israel Defence Forces said that the intelligence information was also obtained from the compound. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

IDF thwarts attempted infiltration by terrorist cell from Lebanese terroritory, kills four terrorists
Harris vs. Trump Debate: Challenges and Adjustments Amidst New Rules | BulletsIn
Emerging Diseases Menace Global Trees
Afghanistan: Women in Takhar demand release of women's rights activists
Trudeau steps down as party leader, to step down as Canada PM after new leader chosen

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article India-Bangladesh Ties PM Modi and Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina To Jointly Inaugurate Three Key Development Projects
Next Article India-Sri Lanka Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to embark on official visit to Sri Lanka

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?