• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > Entertainment > Hans Zimmer slams Academy's 'stupid rule' for disqualifying 'Dune: Part Two' score
Entertainment

Hans Zimmer slams Academy's 'stupid rule' for disqualifying 'Dune: Part Two' score

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Washington [US], March 10 (ANI): Renowned film composer Hans Zimmer has spoken out against the Academy’s decision to disqualify his score for ‘Dune: Part Two’ from Oscars consideration.

According to Deadline, in a recent interview, Zimmer called the ruling “stupid” and explained his reasoning.

“It’s not really a sore point,” Zimmer said, adding, “It’s just such a stupid point — how can it be a sore point?”

He went on to explain that the Academy’s decision was based on his use of thematic elements from the first ‘Dune’ film in the second installment.

However, Zimmer argued that the two films are not separate entities but rather two parts of a single story arc.

“I got disqualified because I was using material from the first movie in the second movie, but it’s not a sequel,” Zimmer explained.

He added, “It is the completion; both movies are one arc. So was I supposed to take all the character themes away, write new character themes, and develop them? It’s just a stupid rule.”

The Academy’s eligibility requirements state that a score for an eligible film must comprise a minimum of 35 per cent of the total music in the film.

For sequels and franchises, the score cannot use more than 20 per cent of the preexisting themes and music from previous installments.

Zimmer’s comments come after Dune: Part Two director Denis Villeneuve criticized the Academy’s decision earlier this year.

Villeneuve argued that the two films tell essentially the same story and that Zimmer’s score is an integral part of that narrative.

“I am absolutely against the decision of the Academy to exclude Hans, frankly, because I feel like his score is one of the best scores of the year,” Villeneuve said, adding, “I don’t use the word genius often, but Hans is one.”

According to Deadline, Zimmer also confirmed that he is working on the score for ‘Dune: Messiah,’ the third installment in the ‘Dune’ franchise.

When asked if he had already begun composing the score, Zimmer coyly replied, “Mmm, maybe.” (ANI)

You Might Also Like

A look at intriguing teaser of Vidyut Jammwal, Nora Fatehi starrer 'Crakk'
Ayushmann still can't get over Team India's thrilling win in T20 WC, pens shayari praising Men in Blue
Billie Eilish to host 'Overheated' sustainability event at Atlanta's State Farm Arena
Madhuri Dixit ends year celebrating all ups and downs of 2023
Newlyweds Surbhi Jyoti-Sumit Suri meet Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article UP: People celebrate Rangbhari Ekadashi Holi in Sambhal amid tight security
Next Article Arun Kumar Sahu concurrently accredited as India's Ambassador to North Macedonia

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?