• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > "Germany has only one place, and it is alongside Israel": Olaf Scholz
International

"Germany has only one place, and it is alongside Israel": Olaf Scholz

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
7 Min Read
SHARE

Tel Aviv [Israel], October 17 (ANI): German Chancellor Olaf Scholz on Tuesday met Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and reiterated its support to Israel in its ongoing war with Hamas, The Times of Israel reported.

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz arrived in Israel to hold meetings with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, President Isaac Herzog and other officials.

Scholz attended a joint press conference with PM Netanyahu in Tel Aviv on Tuesday, noting Berlin’s support for the Jewish state.

He said that Berlin would always stand beside the Jewish state, citing its responsibility following the Holocaust, The Times of Israel reported.

“As I said last week in the Bundestag, in hard times, Germany has only one place, and it is alongside Israel,” Scholz said during the joint press conference.

“It is very important to say this today here during these difficult times in Israel, Germany’s history and the responsibility it had for the Holocaust requires us to help maintain the security and existence of Israel,” he said.

Scholz further said that “no (outside) actor should see it as a good idea to intervene in this conflict.”

Meanwhile, Netanyahu at the press conference emphasized that the Hamas massacre of Israelis on October 7 marks “the worst crimes committed against Jews since the Holocaust…”

According to The Times of Israel, Netanyahu said that these atrocities by Hamas remind us of the Nazi crimes of the Holocaust.

“The decapitation of people; the shooting of little children with bound hands; the murder of children in front of their parents; the murder of parents in front of their children; the hiding of babies in the attic and the murderers who came to the attic to murder the babies; the rape and murder of women; the abduction of families, the tearing of grandmothers and Holocaust survivors into captivity; the death pits that remind us of Babyn Yar, where jeeps surround a depression in the ground where they crowd young people in, and they shoot them with machine-guns — this is the savagery that we only remember from the Nazi crimes of the Holocaust,” he said.

Emphasizing that Hamas are the new Nazis, he said, “Hamas are the new Nazis, Hamas is ISIS, in some instances worse than ISIS. And just as the world united to defeat the Nazis, just as the world united to defeat ISIS, the world has to stand united behind Israel to defeat Hamas.”

He further said that the Iran-Hezbollah-Hamas “axis of evil” has “the open goal to eradicate the state of Israel.” Hamas’s open goal is to kill as many Jews as it can, reported The Times of Israel.

“They would have killed every last one of us, murdered every last one of us if they could; they just don’t have the capacity. But they murdered an extraordinary 1,300 civilians… in American terms, many, many, many 9/11s…. We must take action to defeat Hamas, and to ensure this does not happen again,” he added.

Noting that it is the battle against barbarism, Netanyahu said, “But this is not only our battle — it is our common battle, the battle of civilization against barbarism. If it’s not stopped here, this savagery will reach you very soon, and reach the entire world.”

“We appreciate the fact that you come here to stand with us in this battle for the future of civilization,” Netanyahu concluded.

Upon his arrival, Scholz was greeted at the airport by Foreign Minister Eli Cohen who welcomed him on “this important visit, which proves that Germany stands by the State of Israel and supports its struggle for the safety of its citizens.”

According to the latest update, the IDF is currently striking Hezbollah terrorist targets in Lebanon, the Israel Defence Force said.

Moreover, earlier today, the chief of the Hamas military brigade Ayman Nofal was killed in an Israeli airstrike in Gaza, reported The Times of Israel.

The Hamas terror group announced the death of the senior member.

Hamas, in their statement said that Ayman Nofal, a member of the terror group’s General Military Council and the head of its military wing’s Central Gaza Brigade, was killed in a strike in the Bureij refugee camp.

However, the Israel Defense Forces has not yet commented on the apparent assassination, The Times of Israel reported.

Meanwhile, the IDF confirmed that two reservists were wounded in an anti-tank guided missile attack from Lebanon on the northern town of Metula earlier today.

According to The Times of Israel, the Hezbollah terror group claimed responsibility for the attack.

One reservist is listed in moderate condition, and the second is lightly hurt. Additionally, an Israeli civilian was also lightly hurt in the attack.

Furthermore, the head of the IDF Military Intelligence Directorate said that he takes responsibility for the intelligence failures that led to Hamas carrying out its surprise onslaught on October 7.

“In all my visits to Military Intelligence Directorate units in the last 11 days, I sat down and stressed that the beginning of the war was an intelligence failure,” Major Gen Aharon Haliva said.

“The Military Intelligence Directorate, under my command, failed to warn of the terror attack carried out by Hamas,” Haliva added. “We failed in our most important mission, and as the head of the Military Intelligence Directorate, I bear full responsibility for the failure.”

“What needs to be investigated, we will investigate, in the deepest and most comprehensive way, and draw the conclusions. But now, there is only one task, to fight back and to win,” he said. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

'Ahlan Modi': Display of "Unity in Diversity," as artistes from various Indian states await PM Modi
US: Nancy Pelosi says interim house speaker McHenry asked her to vacate her Capitol office
UN urges international solidarity as Hurricane Beryl devastates Caribbean islands
Geneva: Baloch activists at UNHRC highlight "crimes against humanity" committed by Pakistan
Indian embassy in Russia issues advisory, urges students to be careful while going to water bodies

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article "It feels very good": Pallavi Joshi on receiving National Award for Best Supporting Actress for 'The Kashmir Files'
Next Article Ronaldinho meets TMC national secretary Abhishek Banerjee, watches football match

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?