• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > French Embassy in Niger closes till further notice due to 'major obstacles'
International

French Embassy in Niger closes till further notice due to 'major obstacles'

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

Niamey [Niger], January 2 (ANI): The French Embassy in Niger has been closed until further notice, the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Tuesday.

The French ministry said that it had become “impossible” for the embassy to do the work due to the “major obstacles”.

“The Embassy of France in Niger is now closed until further notice,” it stated.

France also alleged the violation of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations

“A blockade around the Embassy, restrictions on employee movements, and the turning away of all diplomatic personnel who were supposed to arrive in Niger, in clear violation of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations,” the ministry stated.

The Ministry further informed that the embassy will continue operating from Paris and maintain ties with French nationals in Niger and with the NGOs working in the humanitarian sector.

It added that consular activities will be carried out by our consulates in the region.

“The Embassy will continue operating from Paris. It will maintain ties with French nationals in Niger and with the NGOs that work in the humanitarian sector and which we continue to fund, directly benefiting the most country’s vulnerable people. Consular activities will be carried out by our consulates in the region,” the ministry added.

On July 26, Niger President Mohamed Bazoum was overthrown by the military and is currently being held at the presidential palace along with his family.

The coup has been denounced by France and the majority of Niger’s neighbours.

Paris has throughout supported the deposed President Bazoum.

French President Emmanuel Macron lauded Bazoum’s decision to refuse to resign and said that Paris would back any military action taken in Niger by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).

Earlier in September, the French Ambassador Sylvain Itte left Niger in the wake of mounting tensions between the two countries. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

"Our naval commandos sailed 2000 kms…": PM Modi hails daring rescue of crew from Liberian vessel
Rajnath Singh announces visit to Laos for ASEAN Defence Minister's Meet Plus
Nahyan bin Mubarak visits electric vehicle innovation summit
US announces $250 million security package for Ukraine
21 illegal residents found working in food factory

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Rajinikanth invited to attend Ram Temple consecration ceremony in Ayodhya
Next Article Rafael Nadal makes emphatic return to court, defeats Dominic Thiem in Brisbane International

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?